[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby LloydL » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:52 pm

LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:15 am

Like the Falcon Lloyd. What motor are you using?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:35 am

Thats an FF050 Dan, by way of an experiment. I will change it back to an FF030 if it proves to be too much.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:13 am

Tilo in Norway actually built an Austin Mini Cooper with a FF050 motor, i do not know how he did it with the tires being smaller than the motor, but as soon as i can pictures, i will share them.
Do you think the FF050 is too big for 1/43 Mini? :D
So, the Falcon should be easy with the FF050 ;)
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:26 am

I usually think that the FF050 is too big for 1/43, EXCEPT where the car is an American V8.

The Monte Carlo Rally Falcons in 64 had Holman Moody prepared Cobra spec engines, so were way overpowered for a rally car at that time. I do not know the full spec of the 63 Monte cars, but they were fastest on many stages.

So I am making a slow revving but overpowered rally car here. I cant wait to try it on Little Monte!

As for an FF050 powered 1/43 mini? That's silly!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:58 am

silly, yes. incredible work to be expected - yes. curious to see it - YES! just to see it being done puts a smile on my face.
i would prefer to find a motor / gearing combo for the Austin Mini that will make it perform like a SCX car. Smooth, not crazy fast, really enjoyable to drive.
putting 2 or 3 on the track and have some close action fun - trade some paint to use Harrys words :D
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:50 am

You might be interested in the new motor I am using. I will send a couple your way with my cars when I send them.

15000 rpm with excellent brakes make them my favourite motor.

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:26 pm

working on the 3D printed Mini JCW chassis, parallel to the scratchbuilt chassis
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:54 pm

Did I send you a motor already? That looks like the ones I am using now, and if it is not can you tell me more about the one in picture.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:08 pm

from left to right:
FF050 size motor. here Slotdevil6025 (25000 rpm @ 12V)
FF030 size. here go!motor
N20 motor (thanks!)
H0 boxer motor. here Tomy Turbo replacement motor from slotcarsdirect.co.uk (or Mabuchi SH030-A)
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 pm

OK thanks Peter. That puts the size in perspective for me.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:26 am

pdu13.jpg

minilite03.jpg

drawing a Minilite wheel insert for my next Mini ...
and working on an adjustable chassis for the Go!Motor ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:52 am

That looks very interesting Peter. I need to spend some time and learn 3D CAD. It is such a great modelling tool. It really allows you to build whatever you can think of. It seems as though slot cars are the perfect fit for the technology. I may have to check what programs the locale college has to help teach an old guy like me a few tricks to help get me started.

Were you trained in this or do you just pick it up as a hobby?

If people haven't browsed Shapeways, they should. There are some really nice designed things for slot cars on there.

Great job Peter, you are really catering to 143,and are demonstrating what the future can have in store for us. Instead of waiting for a manufacturer to build what we want, people such as yourself are designing and producing exactly what is needed to supplement and enhance the hobby.

Home built takes on a whole new meaning in today's world .

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:49 am

thanks for kind words, Dan!
i learnt to work with 2D programms for my job and than, as 3D modelling came up, i had to learn the basics of this as well. At the company i worked for at that time, we used SolidWorks.
On the shapeways page, there are some free programms listed that can be used to modell in 3D.
https://www.shapeways.com/creator/tools
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Peter. Is there any recommended reading for 3D beginners.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale