2018 Trans-Am Proxy Shipping

2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy

2018 Trans-Am Proxy Shipping

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:43 pm

The past several years of running or hosting proxy races has been educational. One area that always seems to be problematic is shipping. After some folks do an amazing amount of prep or paint on their cars - they send it in the box equivalent of a padded envelope. Additionally, with multiple cars, I have seen everything from bubble wrap to snot rags used to pad those cars.

One issue that continues to happen is that the cars are never boxed back up the way they came - and frankly, that isn't the host's issue when 45 boxes arrive. But it HAS caused issues where a painted car has been tightly wrapped in some scrap bubble wrap - that just happened in this proxy and I am sorry to say that two cars have paint that is seriously spotted.

To combat this issue as well as the expense of shipping the large number of boxes we tend to have, I'm making a change. I'm switching to a Plano tackle box that fits 8 cars each - I will use a specific padding to protect the cars without damaging them and it will allow me to use a MUCH smaller box when shipping between posts.

It will look something like this:

Hopefully that keeps cars safe and keeps the proxy easier to manage for the hosts as there will be no confusion over what car goes where. It will also save us $ in the long run.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to 2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy