[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Trans-Am Series Round #1 - Palmer Divide Raceway

Trans-Am Series Round #1 - Palmer Divide Raceway

2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy

Trans-Am Series Round #1 - Palmer Divide Raceway

Postby dreinecke » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:32 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Trans-Am Series Round #1 - Palmer Divide Raceway

Postby cj74 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:58 pm

cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:10 pm

WOW guys, I'm kind of at a loss for words right now. Thank you for making my car look better than it actually is. Thanks to all the entrants and drivers for making this such a fun series.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Congratulations to podiumites
Thanks to guys who run that round
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:00 pm

David and the great team of Rocky Mountain drivers a splendid start to a new season. Saw a little of the feed and it looks like a very deep field of special cars. Congrats to the podiumites.
Aloha
Dale
:text-thankyouyellow:
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:22 pm

Gents, one last topic before I give up for the night: a few cars were penalized by the track with an issue in my blue lane. Several of the cars with really deep guides kept hitting a spot in that lane that would pop them out of the track. No cars had this issue other than those with the big guides. In some cases, the car was coming out almost every lap.

As an example - if you look at radarek's car - he lost 6 laps on the last heat as a result. We discussed trimming the guides on those cars after figuring it out, but I'm not willing to make that kind of a change on them. Sadly, this year is the first time this has popped up.

Some of the gigantic and deep blades I've not seen before and I'm very sorry this happened to the participants. However, as one of the drivers said - things happen in real races too.

Again, the tracks all offset each other in some ways. Each year we see cars go from top to bottom and vice-versa depending on the track. Hopefully this is the case again this year.

Before I run the last leg in October, I'll see if I can somehow file this area out to avoid the problem in the future.

Thanks,
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Congrats to Randy and Ron; looks like we're off to another great start! Looking forward to seeing more of the results. That deep guide blade issue is a tough one.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Congratulations to the podium builders. And David thank you for making this Proxy possible and as always having a great team around to help.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Dave thanks for vetting this series off to a good start. Congratulations to the podium finishers. Well I hit my goal with one car. Cracked into the top ten. Not surr what happen in lane 2. Not sure if the 42 has a big guide or not. Maybe it will move up the leader board. I hope so but it has a big hill to climb. Dodgefarmer way to go.

Steve I see you are back in the MOPAR camp this year. Great finish.

Arrold
Last edited by arroldn on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:29 pm

David

Like you said things happen. You have my permission to short guide on my car anyway. That guide probably affected all my run as this camaro was faster then last year one by 0.4 second on my track and last year entry had 6.1 vs 6.35 this year on your track. Life is life. Off to round 2 now.

Regards
Dariusz
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks Arrold. 3 pentastars in the top 8 :text-bravo: :text-bravo: . I wish that I had taken pics of the build now, but I did not think that it would ever finish this well.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Great run 1st up, thanks to the host/organiser Dave and to the drivers, great job by all concerned.
Congrats to the podium getters in both classes

I'm pretty happy with 28th, being the first time having a go at this proxy and not really knowing what to expect from the car.
PG tyres seem to be a bit slippery from watching the feed and comments from the drivers, otherwise car looked OK.
looking forward to the next round
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Watching the video. Looks like my #42 lost the gear in the middle lane. Hopefully this will not happen again. Hope it can dig it's way out of this hole.

Is my guide slowing the cars down. If so they will be changed for 2019 or thinned.

:text-thankyouyellow: Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:01 am

Well, I was Facebook challenged and came in too late to see my own cars “run”... should be interesting viewing. I figured the Mini might be a stretch, but I had hopes of cracking that elusive top forty this year with the Barracuda. No stupid excuses like body springs or front motor... I gotta tell you though, what I did see was great! Very glad to be part of this series... Congrats to you guys on top... pretty hot field!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:02 am

Thanks for the run Gents!

Congrats to the podiumites!
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy