[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am Proxy Series for 2018?

Can-Am Proxy Series for 2018?

Re: Can-Am Proxy Series for 2018?

Postby alexis in greece » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:35 am

As an IPS entrant presented his entry with 3d printed body the inevitable question occured,are 3d printed bodies legal in this proxy?
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:22 am

Yes, 3DP bodies are allowed.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:26 am

Besides the winners each year, there were the technology leaders and the fun cars to watch in the Can-Am field:

Chaparral 2E

Chaparral 2H

Chaparral 2J

Shadow Mk1

McKee Mk7

Sting GW1

Matra MS 630

Ferrari 617

Autocoast Ti22 MkII

Webster Special Olds

Lola T160

Alfa T33/3

McKee Mk10

Ferrari 712

Matra MS650

Lola T222

Got a favorite Can-Am car? Go ahead and post it.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:43 am

The Ferrari 350 is one of my favorites

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:26 pm

alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:43 pm

A few more choices..........

Cheers
Chris Walker

Andretti's Honker 11 from 67'

George Eaton/Rodrigues BRM 154 from 1970.......Vanquish did one of these, but, being 1/29th, it is likely a bit too big !!

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Tires on the Carrera 917/10 are 16mm wide. I suggest we let reasonable scale be the limit. And can we allow silicones? Thats all we run.

I'd also like to host a round. We've a really nice track at the local hobby shop here in Denver and for those of you that don't know me, Dave Reinecke can vouch for me.

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:08 am

Thanks Marc, That's a nice looking track there! We'd be happy to have you run a Round for us. I'll be putting up a Tracks thread sometime shortly after he New Year, if there's continued interest in a Can-Am proxy.

BTW, the reference to 16mm rear tires is, I think, based on the Carrera Porsche 917/30, which does have gigantic rear treads. But, I'm inclined to stick with 10mm, as Chris has said, that's pretty close to scale for a lot of the wide rears used in the Can-Am series, it may help to level the playing field some and there is some truth to the notion that wider is not always faster.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:36 pm

The , I'm inclined to stick with 10mm tires just fit under my Fly Porsche body. But that 22k rpm in back of the rear axle a joke. Going to fill the front of the car with Tungsten Ballast Putty to hold it down
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Haha! I know what you're talking about, Austin. I ran the Adamowitz car (#7) on Carrera plastic track with a magnet and it worked just fine. Take the magnet out and go to routed wood and it's a whole different ballgame....(I know, they all are, but this Fly 911 has the motor "properly" located behind the rear axle). Weight in the front makes sense to me........ I do like that car, though..........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:14 pm

Well I had this chassis built and I had the resin shell, so I spent some time this weekend and put together a possible entry. Of course I will have to lose the monster rear tires by the looks of it. It has a 22K+ Avant 180 in it. This is the Porsche that competed in 73 for one race.

However as I have a scratchbuilt Ferrari 350 with a tame chassis under it. I think I will build a more competitive chassis and this will be my entry should this proxy come to light.(Looks like there is a lot of interest).

I am going to layout a sidewinder chassis with a 21,500, 130 motor in it. This should allow me to keep the full interior.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:54 am

Both look good to me, Dan; although Ferrari has always been my favorite marque.............!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:18 pm

I will do a McLaren
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018