[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am Proxy 2018 - Rules and Official Sign-up Thread

Can-Am Proxy 2018 - Rules and Official Sign-up Thread

Re: Can-Am Proxy 2018 - Rules and Official Sign-up Thread

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:23 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 am

Hi Allan,

Now you have me worried - I'm about to finish taping the box to put in the post on Tuesday.... My M8D has the standard slot.it wheels that it came with - they're 15 x 8 aren't they?

It's the 'air-ride' double flange ones that's the problem, isn't it?
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:45 am

Hi Tony, I updated the post that you're asking about. The Slot.It 15x8 (actually 15.8x8.2mm) wheels are legal for this proxy; both the air ride and the standard wheels. Sorry for the confusion.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:59 am

Hi Allan (again...),

ok - thanks for that, I was having a bit of a 'last minute' panic for a moment there... :text-thankyouyellow:

As it is - I still can't get the guide wires to behave under that very low front - but as the phrase of today says "It is what it is"..... :violin:
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:42 am

Try to route the wires low on the chassis, past the front axle set up posts, then flat up towards the guide and put a 90 degree bend in the wire and lead them into your guide. That's what Slot.It does on all of their LMP cars and it works pretty well. You just have to find a way to route the wires low as you go forward of the front axles. It looks a little weird, sometimes, but it works. Friction between the bottom surface of the forward body and the guide wires is a risky thing. If all else fails, siliconize the bottom face of the forward body to reduce friction with the wires.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old23 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:28 pm

Hey Audi1,

I finally had the chance to test my proxy car today on a representative wood track in Montreal after we raced a round of the Proxy Quebec. As much as I wanted to run my modified Revell Lola T70 in the CanAm proxy series, the finished car is just too heavy, too high, too narrow and too short to be competitive in my assessment. That's four strikes against it -- more than enough to strike it out in this game. Therefore, I'm going to switch my racing number back to #23. My entry won't challenge for any Concours prize, but I'm hoping it runs closer to the front of the field. It's still a Lola T70, but now a Mk3 coupe/GT.

Old23/Stewart
Old23

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi Stewart, The number change has been made.

Good luck building out your Lola GT coupe!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:43 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:24 am

The cars are starting to arrive now. Don't forget to check the bottom of the first post on the first page of this thread for updates on which cars are in the house.

Three weeks left to the deadline!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 am

Two more arrivals today; that's 4 cars in the house so far. Just a little over 2 weeks left to the deadline.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:10 pm

I'll get mine in the mail tomorrow
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:07 pm

It came out much darker in the photo, It is much lighter .

Trying my best, hope it is OK.

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:12 pm

It looks great! I really like the back end.

I have all of the decals now; those from Patto for the Honker and those from Mike for the tribute to Mrollingthunder. I can get them to you whenever you want. Let me know what works for you and I'll meet you at the Mobile station off Exit 3 in Windham. I have the chassis completed and the decals ready for application. It will need to be between now and Monday night, because I'll be in Maine Tuesday-Friday of next week.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 am

Two more arrivals today; from pappy and pzooc.

That's 10 cars in the house so far.

I'll be away on business for the next two days; back on Thursday. Hoping to find a full mailbox when I get back............... :pray:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018