[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Can-Am Round #1 - The River Run

Can-Am Round #1 - The River Run

Re: Can-Am Round #1 - The River Run

Postby alexis in greece » Sun May 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks for the run and photos,congrats to the podiumites.4th in concours and 11th in the race not bad for a car built in a week and almost no testing
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun May 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Extremely pleased to be selected in the top ten for the concourse for this event! A good deal of work went into the attempt to recreate one of my favorite cars, from one of my favorite movies. I should probably have spent more time replacing the stock MRRC guide flag, but it didn’t seem to be an issue on a plastic Scalextric track. Thanks to all involved!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sun May 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi All,

Thanks to all concerned for putting on the round - congrats to the Podiumites.....

Alas, I think the Zep-mobile seems to be a little "Trampled Under Foot'......

Don't worry - there's plenty more to come....
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun May 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sun May 20, 2018 5:50 pm

Allan
Great job to you and the guys for getting Round 1 in the books. Tip of the hat to the podium finishers. It is always a good sign to see such a large turnout of participants.

I was hoping for a better finish when I saw the qualifying time and 10 lap average posted. Oh well that’s racing.

On to the next round...

Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun May 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Thanks for running my 911, Glues we should of gone with a V8.

Nice job Allan.

Gues they didn't like my dirty paint job :puke-front:
Last edited by Austin on Sun May 20, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Sun May 20, 2018 5:56 pm

Holy smoke what a great group of cars from top to bottom.
We have fast - faster and ludicrous speed....

It got to be a humid day here so I think the cars slowed down about half way through the race and jumbled some cars - but wow - so many great builds!
I learned a few things today - so back to the drawing board.... or lab - as it were...

Looking forward to the rest of this proxy - its definitely going to be a ground shaker!

Matt
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pzooc » Sun May 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks for the quick report and congrats to the podiums for both the race and concours!
Also, I gotta ask, you just got back from Amsterdam and still hit the deadline for this race? That is some real dedication, Allan.

So because this is my first proxy and it is frankly a mystery to me, I was interested to see what the difference was between qualifying and racing.
I must admit I also wondered if my lackluster qualifying and much worse showing in the race was shared by anyone else.
Following is my quick comparison between racing and qualifying. So perhaps when you get time (and if you remember), is there any story behind those of us who did much better or much worse between the two? (Yes I see that I fell the most places of anyone. I was checking to see if it was only me.)

I'm interested to know about Doubl B's Porsche, ALS's Autocoast, and old 23's Lola - both improved 4 places.
Also interesting are mether 05' Chappy and Oscar Racing's McLaren who both fell 3 places very near the top of the field.
Are there any interesting stories behind these?

even 34. / #19 / BARC-1 / Ferrari 350
minus 2 33. / #25 / glasshorsevh /McKee Mk10
minus 1 32. / #47 / fc47 / Chaparral 2E
plus 1 31. / #20 / Duke7777 / Porsche 917PA
even 30. / #31 / Z-carfan / Lola Mk 3b / 6.980
even 29. / #11 / cj47 / McLaren M6B
minus 4 28. / #6 / Dogsbody / Lola T70
plus 3 27. / #7 / Pappy / Ferrari 512S
even 26. / #12 / bov / McLaren M8D
plus 4 25. / #21 / Doubl-B / Porsche 917/30
minus 7 24. / #51 / pzooc / Lola T70, MkII
minus 4 23. / #61 / Austin / Porsche 911 RSR
minus 3 22. / #28 / arroldn / Ferrari 512S
plus 2 21. / #1 / Changing-gearz / BRM 154P
minus 1 20. / #9 / Mitch58 / Alfa T33/3
minus 3 19. / #13 / Beast Lee / Autocoast Ti-22
minus 4 18. / #66 / ALS / Autocoast Ti-22
plus 1 17. / #32 / Alfa T33/3
minus 1 16. / #33 / BrumosRSR / Porsche 911 RSR
plus 1 15. / #17 / MRollingThunder / Holman & Moody "Honker"
plus 1 14. / #99 / Billy boy / Lola T7- MkII
plus 2 13. / #16 / Alexis in Greece / Ferrari 612
plus 2 12. / #22 / rleog / Autocoast Ti-22
minus 1 11. / #4 / cgingras / Lola t70
plus 4 10. / #23 / old23 / Lola T70 MkIII
plus 2 9. / #65 / steeveew / Lola T70
minus 1 8. / #5 / aloha / McLaren M8D
minus 3 7. / #30 / mether05 / Chaparral 2E
minus 3 6. / #8 / Oscar Racing / McLaren M8D
plus 1 5. / #80 / Superslab / Lola T70
minus 1 4. / #3 / redlynr / Porsche 917k
even 3. / #10 / jscot111 / Porsche 917k
plus 1 2. / #2 / Audi1 / McLaren M8D
minus 1 1. #70 / Smokeio / Shadow DN4
pzooc

Postby FC47 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Congrats to everyone's efforts!! Great cars!!
Thanks for runnin 'em Guys!
(put mine up on blocks)

Race 2 is next!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 pm

At first glance I saw my car in 4th! Damned backwards (to me) results... :lol:

Congrats to those on the podium!
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Mon May 21, 2018 4:32 am

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Mon May 21, 2018 5:55 am

Thanks for the run Gents!

Congrats to the podiumites!!!

:auto-driving:
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon May 21, 2018 7:27 am

Hats off to the podium finishers. A lot of great looking cars in this field. Thanks for the timely run of our first round Allan. Always a great host. Thanks to our drivers and all who helped make this first round a success. Thanks for getting my Ferrari a 25th place finish. Now where is that darn Ferrari engineer :?:

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon May 21, 2018 8:21 am

Incredible feedback Bob! That will definitely help the rookies and the new CG owners a ton going forward. It's still amazes me that no matter how much attention to detail we pay with these cars it's always more detail that puts another ahead of a car. And we can find all the answers to the test(proxy) on HRW!!!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old23 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:18 am

Congrats to the cars/entrants on the podium and my thanks to the organizers and racers at River Run. :text-thankyouyellow:

Personally, I am thrilled with my top six finish in this grid of cars and hope the #23 car can stay with the leaders in the coming races. Allan, do you have fastest race lap data for all the cars? If so, it would be interesting to see the spread of times on race day.

Old23/Stewart
Old23

PreviousNext

Return to MRollingThunder Can-Am Proxy 2018