Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Round 1

Here is the final field of cars for the Pioneer Endurance Proxy ( 6 cars in the modified class and 13 cars in the stock class) Pictures of all the cars should be posted today with qualification times for both classes.... we will have one modified car missing as it is arriving tomorrow just before the race. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in both classes has been donated by Jules from Pioneer. Also Slot Car Space Solutions, the premier Carrera distributor based in B.C. Canada has also graciously donated two track cleaner units. These will be given out by a draw basis with everyone who is participating in the proxy.

Radarek (#27 Camaro in modified class)
Brumos (#33 Camaro in modifed class)
Pepsi62 (#62 Camaro in stock class)
Aloha (#35 Mustang in stock class)
Midagekid1 (#15 Camaro in stock class)
Midagekid 1 (#15 Camaro in modified class)
8wheels (#8 Camaro in stock class)
8wheels (#7 Camaro in modified class)
Arroldn 1 (#1 Mustang in stock class)
Arroldn 1 (#79 Charger in modified class)
Dewman51 (#66 Mustang in stock class)
tin_indians (#37 Camaro in Stock class)
Racer944 (#18 Mustang in stock class)
Racer944 (#14 Camaro in stock class)
Slot GT (#25 Mustang in stock class)
SweetPea (#7 Charger in modified class)
Idle Time Racing #21 Mustang in stock class)
digital springer (#77 Mustang in stock class)
Beast Lee (#13 Camaro in stock class)
Last edited by midagekid1 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy

Postby Pepsi62 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 pm

yay here we go, looks like it's going to be very close racing
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:32 pm

The list of cars had the shake down times attached. Qualificaton times will be posted today with pics.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Let's go racing Pioneer style. My first race for a Pioneer of any type. Let's see what I've got.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:12 pm

A very interesting field of cars.

In the Modified class there are: 4 Camaros, 2 Chargers and no Mustangs. Ford did not show up.

In the Stock class there are: 6 Camaros and 7 Mustangs and no Chargers. This will definitely be a war between Ford and Chevy.

Here are the qualification times for the cars in both classes. All cars were raced for 3 minutes each by Mr.Ron Todhunter and the best lap was scored. Voltage was set at 11.4 volts and all cars were raced in the middle lane of our four lane wood chalk board finish track. It was a great couple of hours to see the first qualifying round for the first race that will be held tomorrow evening at the GETCARS OIL CITY SLOT SPEEDWAY.

Modified cars in order of best qualifying lap

Arroldn 1 (#79 Charger in modified class) 7.611 (car is very fast and smooth, must be that Hemi under the hood)
Midagekid1 (#15 Camaro in modified class) 7.740 (car is very smooth but could use more top end.. might be better as the series progresses.
8wheels (#7 Camaro in modified class) 7.921 (car is very smooth, fast and handles like it is on rails)
Brumos (#33 Camaro in modifed class) 8.104 (car was fast and smooth and runs well
SweetPea (#7 Charger in modified class) 8.246 (car is a smooth runner but is only running the 318 2 barrel carb , could use more top end)
Radarek (#27 Camaro in modified class) (has not arrived but will be there tomorrow)

Stock cars in order of best qualifying lap

Racer944 (#18 Mustang in stock class) 8.146 (car is fun and goes like a Bullitt...
Beast Lee (#13 Camaro in stock class) 8.217 (smooth runner but could use more top end..might get faster as the series progresses)
Pepsi62 (#62 Camaro in stock class) 8.226 (car was very fast and smooth and easy to drive)
Midagekid 1 (#15 Camaro in stock class) 8.247 (car is very smooth and a hoot to drive)
Idle Time Racing #21 Mustang in stock class) 8.301 (car handles well and easy to drive)
8wheels (#8 Camaro in stock class) 8.333 (car is smooth and easy to drive)
Slot GT (#25 Mustang in stock class) 8.340 (car is fast and handles like a dream)
Arroldn 1 (#1 Mustang in stock class) 8.403 (car is smooth and a pleasure to drive)
digital springer (#77 Mustang in stock class) 8.425 (very festive car and fast..need to focus on this one)
tin_indians (#37 Camaro in Stock class) 8.457 (car is fun to drive and drift..smooth)
Aloha (#35 Mustang in stock class) 8.462 ( car has lots of power and slides well in the corners but don't take your eyes off it!
Racer944 (#14 Camaro in stock class) 8.490 (car is fast and easy to drive but could use more top end...might improve as the series progresses)
Dewman51 (#66 Mustang in stock class) 8.645 (car is easy to drive but could use more top end..might get faster as the series progresses)
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:10 pm

Well I just hope that #27 Camaro Rat motor is no match for my HEMI Elephant powered Charger. SweetPea put some 340 heads on that 318 and a Tarantula intake on it with a good 4 barrel and some headers and lets go racing. That's what I did to my 71 318 Satellite. Dad refused to let me get a RoadRunner since I was on his insurance at the time.

Looks like it will be close racing in both classes. I just hate that I found my Pioneer 21K motor last night. Then that Piranha may just do the trick.

Any pictures of the track? Tell Dariusz to put those wrenches down and take the Nitros out of the trunk.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:00 pm

Pictures of all the Pioneer Trans Am Cars that will be participating in the 2018 Pioneer Trans Am Endurance Proxy. We will add Dariusz's Camaro tomorrow evening when it arrives to race

Racer944

tin_indians

Arroldn 1

Digital Springer

Pepsi62

Racer944

Idle Time Racing

Dewman51

Slot GT

Midagekid1

Aloha

Beast Lee

8Wheels

Sweet Pea

Midagekid1

Arroldn 1

8Wheels

Brumos

Modified Qualifiers

Stock Qualifiers

Stock Qualifiers

Stock Qualifiers

Modified Qualifiers

Modified Qualifiers

Modified Qualifiers
Last edited by midagekid1 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Excellent photos!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 pm

Harry:

I couldn't have done it without all your assistance. Thank you for 'walking' me through and having the patience to keep at it until I got it.

midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:03 am

Great looking pictures Tom.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JULES » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 am

The organization and work that has gone into making this proxy happen is very impressive.

Well done to all involved, it's looks like it'll be a real hoot.

I notice that the #77 entry by 'Digital Springer' is showing us that slot cars are not just for Christmas, they can be enjoyed at any time of the year. I think that Santa Mustang is in the Stock class. I expect the special seasonal North Magnetic Pole bar magnet will still be in place. That's bound to help a little on the plastic tracks.
:banana-dance:

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:47 am

Thanks for the qualifying! Congrats Aaroldn and Racer 944 for your respective poles. Good luck to all the builders
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:48 am

Jules:

Take a look at the #15 in the modified class...wouldn't this be a great colour for your next Camaro as well as the stripes...had to pat myself on the chest lol.

midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Arroldn:

Sweet Pea is my wife's car so no wise cracks about her nick name lol.. I don't know what you did to your Charger but she is fast.. I should have used a different motor but used a Slot It in it which might be the problem or my gearing... oh well!!! You know the saying "don't count your chickens until they hatch" lol. At least I know I can come in 2nd out of the Chargers in the field, if you were only counting the Chargers. We were very brave in putting the 'whales' in this proxy. They should be fun to watch.

midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Tom,
I dated a SweetPea in my younger years. As far as cars these were the only Pioneers I have. I wasn't sure if I should have put the Charger in the stock class or not. Just went with my gut to try something I thought would be interesting. I have run the true TA cars in SCI Pony Car Wars and HRW TransAm Proxy. This was a chance to see how this whale would handle. Not many proxies with Chargers in them. Good luck to SweetPea.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Pioneer Endurance Car Proxy 2018