[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round #3 - Rockledge Raceway, CT

Round #3 - Rockledge Raceway, CT

Re: Round #3 - Rockledge Raceway, CT

Postby Leadfoot46 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:41 am

Has any one seen a video, the latest update on Bob's Facebook page was July 18?
Leadfoot46

Postby Doubl-B » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:15 pm

REVISED LINK - see if it works:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006943096792

If it is not appropriate to include a link here, let me know and I'll take it down.
Last edited by Doubl-B on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks Bob,
See my little Porsche finished 11th. Not bad for that tippy body. Slightly disappointed with the Ferrari. Not sure if that tire issue had a role in this or not. The Porsche got ahead of some known top car builders. I'm pleased.

To the Podium finishers great job. Trying to get there.

Arrold
Last edited by arroldn on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Thanks Bob and team for running this round,congratulations to the winners.My #46 car was that slow or had some problem?
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Alexis:
It had very little grip so it was very difficult to drive.
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 pm

Just curious if you know, was my car (#9 Cheetah) slow because it didn't drive/handle well, or because the gear ratio was just all wrong, or both?
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Czar:
I didn't drive so from my memory, I can only say that I didn't notice your car as having anything obviously wrong with it. I don't think it handled bad but it was also not great. Not all motors are created equal and tires hook up better at some tracks and not so good at others. Your car was not "drifting" around the track, but the qualifying comments indicated that there was an issue with tires. Gear ratio? I don't know - all the tracks are different. It is nice to have a really fast motor, but from my point of view, it has to be a great handling car to have success in a proxy because people of all skill levels could be driving it. How does this car compare to one of your best cars?
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks chaps....happy to stay in the top half...only just though.

Thanks to the host and drivers and marshalls.

Regards
John
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:09 pm

Bob,
Link doesn't work.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:37 am

Double-B, Thank you for responding to my question. I completely accept your answer, and I agree 100% that handling is far more important than outright speed. I was a little late getting my car in (missed the first qualifying race) and I didn't have the time to really test the car against any of my other cars. I never expect win the proxies I enter, I try to compare my car and building/tuning skills to others around the country/world and learn to be better. For this race I did push an 8-tooth pinion on the motor, hoping to gain a little grunt coming out of the corners. Obviously that hurt my top speed. But that might be for naught - like Pirelli says, "Power without control is nothing." Besides, the race isn't over until the last car crosses the finish line - so wave to me when I pass by. Thanks to you and your crew for another fine event.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:22 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby arroldn » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks Todd. Both Team Martin cars are in the top 20. Now to move up the points list as things progress. 8-)
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy