[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round #3 - Rockledge Raceway, CT

Round #3 - Rockledge Raceway, CT

Re: Round #3 - Rockledge Raceway, CT

Postby arroldn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:27 am

Great pictures and commentary. Hope the #1 Porsche can race well. The Ferrari is in CT should be there by noon. I just hope the ripped tire doesn't slow it down on the wood track.
So the Porsche has a 29th place and a 14th place finish and sits in 21st position.
The Ferrari had a 6th place and a 30th place sitting in 19th position.

Hopefully both cars can improve today. My Porsche is sitting in some good company. Wonder if it can stay up there during the race?

Czar I feel your pain. I test on painted Scaley and have been told there is no way you can tune a car on plastic to run well on wood. So if I get into the top ten in any proxy I feel good.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:17 am

Arroldin said, "Czar I feel your pain. I test on painted Scaley and have been told there is no way you can tune a car on plastic to run well on wood."

That may be true. I guess the same would be true for tuning a car on wood then racing on plastic? This is the first proxy I have entered where all (or most) of the racing is done on wooden tracks. Maybe the entrants could share if they tuned on wood or plastic. It would be interesting to see if there is any pattern in the standings with plastic track tuned cars.
BTW, my car is the #9 Cheetah.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:59 am

The 33 has been tested on Scalextric plastic
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:13 am

Well lets just see how the plastic track tuned cars do against the field.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm

The #8 Cheetah was sorted on wood.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:37 pm

The #30 Corvette was tuned on wood.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:28 pm

The blue Cooper - #5 tuned on wood.
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Tonight's Live Race Broadcast will be at 7:00 Eastern time. No worries if you are not available then, the video is stored and can be watched at any time. Go to Facebook and look up "Bob Boulais". We've had high winds here on the East Coast and I lost power for a few hours in the morning. I've already told Jeremy to make sure the generator is gassed up and ready to rip if we need it!

On to the race!

BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:24 pm

17 ..... Austin..... Ford AC Cobra..... DNQ.....29..... BOTH BODY MOUNTS WERE BROKE - BEING GLUED - WILL BE READY FOR RACE

Do whatever it needs to make them stay. Car is yours to do what you want, Thank you Doubl-B. I will go back to pumping water out of my cellar.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Bob on the little Pink Healey #23, the chassis is quite flexible at the back end and may have pushed up creating the gear noise and chatter.
Pulling the back end down gently should realign things.
Thanks for the comments , it is most helpful for the next build.
Obviously need to reinforce it to make it stiffer at that point, thanks again.
Best
Regards
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Doubl-B » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Chappy - We'll take a look - Jeremy just clearanced one wheel arch where the tire was rubbing. Seemed to make a big difference
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 am

Cool to see close racing.
'Grats to all that raced and the 2 cars ahead of me.
Thank You to Bob and the team, yeah those guys that had all the fun of driving such a cool field.
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:09 am

Congrats to Dennis (gascarnut) on his first win in this series! :text-bravo: Three races and each of the top 3 cars has had a win - that's close racing.

The pic of the top 3 cars does show both how fast they are an how good they look on the track!

Thanks to Bob (doubl-B) and his team for running this Round #3 for us - a great job and the live stream on FB was a real plus.

On to Round #4 in Manchester, NH with Josh (manchvegasracer) and his crew of HOST NH racers.

This series is going to be a nail biter, both at the top and throughout the leaderboard!! Great looking cars and fun to run.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:08 am

Thanks to Bob and his crew for the great pictures and running of this segment. Hats off to our podium finishers. Great looking cars. Great looking field of cars as well. Um how low can you go??? May need to change the style of body I am running. Since I am clueless about this segment of racing I picked a cars I had Ferrari 250 GTO and a Porsche 911. May need to look into lower car types. Maybe a lower Ferrari and a lower Porsche model if one fits into this class. I think I could lower the 911 a little more and still give it an accurate stance. Research will be needed on my part. Glad to see my #112 run as well with the bad right rear tire.

Thanks again to all who made this a success.
Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy