[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCCA Proxy Round 7 HPFMRP

SCCA Proxy Round 7 HPFMRP

SCCA Proxy Round 7 HPFMRP

Postby Pappy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:20 am

The cars have arrived at the Herman P. Finklemeyer Memorial Race Park for round 7 of the SCCA Proxy.

I will qualify the cars this coming week and hopefully run the race next weekend. I'll be racing with the guys who volunteered to race the cars tomorrow night and I'll see what their schedules are for next weekend.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: SCCA Proxy Round 7 HPFMRP

Postby munter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:16 am

Great news Pappy.

If it is allowed, could you please make sure the tires on all cars are really clean.
It is about now in a series that goo, gunk, crud and dirt builds up and some cars(mine) might start to suffer issues with grip.

Thanks in advance.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:13 am

Hi Munter,

All cars will be inspected, tires cleaned and oiled before qualifying. All tires will be cleaned again before each lane in the race.

Since I don't know anything about any of these cars like which car is who's and how they are doing in the series (and I don't want to know) it should be as fair as it can possibly be.

The last time I ran a proxy at my track as the day and the building got hotter the cars got slippery'er. I'm hoping since it will only be in the 40's this coming weekend and we are not starting until about 6pm that we won't have that problem.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:54 pm

I agree with not knowing the cars.

It sounds like your regime of car prep will do the trick, thank you for that.

Enjoy the cars and stay warm....40f sounds cold to me.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Sounds good, Butch. Looking forward to the action from Herman P. Finklemeyer!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:03 am

Just got the cars un-packed and it looks like they came through the trip OK except the #1 car's rear bumper fell off and one of the #66 cars exhaust fell off. I'll get them both glued on before qualifying.

I'm impressed with the number of really nice scratch built brass and piano wire chassis there are in this series. More than one of them look like they could have been built by Dennis Samson. Don't know for sure if any of them were.

I've got the heat on and warming up my raceway. I'll get them qualified today if everything goes well. Still trying for Saturday evening to run the race but have already had one driver cancel on me.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 am

I'm falling behind but did get the cars checked out, the tires cleaned and braid juice put on the braids this morning.

The #62 Corvette has a bad gear mesh and no way to adjust it. Hope it makes it the whole race.
The crown gear on the #23 Sprite is gone. It misses more teeth when you turn it than it hits. Again, no way to adjust it.

If these cars had a wheel collar like the #0 Chaparral has you could adjust the collar for a better gear mesh.

I noticed the #4 Lotus has an anglewinder spur gear in a sidewinder configuration. Not sure if that was intentional or not but it does mesh nicely.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:28 am

Hi Pappy, yes the little pink sprite has too much chassis flex at the point between the motor and rear wheel mounts. I should have reinforced it.
Well it wouldnt be the first car to suffer transmission issues lol.
Perhaps just keep it in the box and it will get home when all is done.
Thanks for the update.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Pappy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Qualifying is done. I ran each car until I was sure I couldn’t get a faster lap than the fastest lap I already had.

If you see anything that doesn't look right let me know.

1. #8 Smooth-fast-joy to drive. 7.326
2. #2 Smooth-good speed-good traction- easy to drive 7.371
3. #3 All around good car- good traction-good speed-easy to drive 7.390
4. #66 Chatters in the turns-overall good car-looks good 7.668
5. #33 All around descent car-easy to drive and you can push it 7.669
6. #30 Nice car-smooth and you can push it 7.717
7 #1 Great traction-good speed-tippy-can’t push it 7.847
8 #524 A lot of motor-front end hops under accel.-hard to drive 7.849
9 #112 Nice car-smooth-you can push it 7.863
10 #17 A lot of front end hop-good traction-can’t push it 7.877
11 #16 Fairly smooth-fairly quick-best times if you don’t push it 7.920
12 #99 Extremely fast on straightaway-a little shaking-not to bad 8.004
13 #0 Not real smooth but not a bad running car 8.013
14 #31 Smooth but not fast-fun car to drive 8.014
15 #19 Shaky-OK speed-don’t push it 8.021
16 #97 Fun little car-shakes a little 8.027
17 #163 Jerky in the turns-not a bad car-not a real good car 8.051
18 #63 Smooth-little wiggle in the rear-not a bad car 8.083
19 #366 Smooth-needs more traction 8.163
20 #24 Chatters a lot-not to hard to drive- needs more traction 8.177
21 #4 Good straightaway speed-chatters in turns-needs traction 8.191
22 #127 Not good-not bad-not fast-not slow-needs more traction 8.193
23 #20 Front end hop in straightaway-rear end chatter in turns 8.255
24 #15 Sounds rough-runs rough-front hops-no straightaway speed 8.435
25 #5 Shakes under access.-can’t push it 8.549
26 #46 Quick-fun-wiggles-can’t push it to hard 8.580
27 #9 Shakes-rattles-front end hops-hard car to drive 8.859
28 #7 Shakes-rattles then out of the slot-hard to drive 9.367
29 #23 Shakes and rattles all the way around the track 9.672
30 #62 Wouldn’t go a foot before the gears locked up No time recorded
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Butch, Thanks for getting both of my cars into the top ten. I hope they race well. I know what I'll be doing to the #1 when it gets home.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Thanks for posting the qualy results, Butch!

Looking forward to the race - good luck to everyone!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Butch thanks for the heads up.
You can retire the pink lady from the series and avoid any further frustration from the chassis and gear mesh issue. Donna Mae and her flowing Golden locks will live to return in search of her championship next year. Meanwhile just pack her with the rest of the cars until the series is over and Allan can return her to me.
Or she can be sent to my Florida address if its in the mail in the next week.
Let me know and i can give you my Fl addressCheers
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:22 am

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks for the qualifying run and the notes. Good Luck to all the builders, but I would love to call qualifying the race and we move to the next track as I'm very surprised at my qualifying positions after the last 2 rounds :D :D
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks Pappy....can you tell me if #19 has blown a tire? ie come unglued? it would explain the lumpiness described.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy