[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round 8 SCCA Proxy at Clover Leaf Raceway

Round 8 SCCA Proxy at Clover Leaf Raceway

Re: Round 8 SCCA Proxy at Clover Leaf Raceway

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:36 am

Thank you Cloverleaf Racing and crew for running this round. Congrats to the podiumites, all entrants and hosts for making this a really enjoyable proxy.

WooHoo!!!
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:16 am

Groan....my worst result so far...

Thank you to the hosts, drivers, marshalls, spectators, event crew for running the round.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:15 am

Thanks for running the Round and posting the results, Mike & Dave!

Congrats to Dennis (gascarnut - #66), Dave (drw21 - #8) and Arrold (arroldn - #112) on their podium finishes! :text-bravo:

On to Round #9 in beautiful downtown Irvine, CA with Dennis and crew

Thanks again to Mike and the Cloverlead Racing Team for running this Round for us! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:32 am

Thank you Mike and your team for completing this round and for the stats. Definitely a shake up of points up and down the grid which will make the final 2 races interesting. Congratulations Dennis, Dave and ArroldN on your podiums. ArroldN, you keep pulling off podiums competing against the Sirs of the sport, we may need to add you to the short list. :D
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 am

Brumos,
Thanks for the kudos. Well you know the saying, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes." Still got to get better in the other proxies. Group 5, TransAm, RAA, F1, DaVols Forums Cup. When I get in the top 5-10 in these then you can put me on the short list. If I can get upper mid pack I have felt good going against the top dogs. When I'm ahead of Audi1, Smokieo, F1Fan, Gascarnut, Chrisguy, Radarek, Stevee, Dodgefarmer,and you. Camber if I ever get there. Well you get the idea. This is going on year 11 of being associated with SCI & HRW. I must be a slow learner or as I have said regarding the DaVols Cup you guys are getting/or are way better. It has been a while since I have had a podium there. Now can't even get one on my own track :lol:

The #112 is currently in 11th place maybe after the standings are updated it will crack into the top 10. Fingers crossed 8-)
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks to the Cloverleaf team for another great round.

Wow, there were some big differences between qualifying and the actual racing. I wonder what caused that? The #66 and the #112 both had very mediocre qualifying runs, yet managed excellent race results.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:45 am

The first outing for the number 67 Elva. To some, 17th might not seem so great, but this was an untested car, running what was essentially an F1 chassis made of brass and wire. I wasn’ sure that the Scalextric red can motor could keep up with the Policar or Hawk motors, but I feel we did ok. Thanks so much to the folks at Cloverleaf for giving us a run!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:43 pm

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wicked Mini » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:25 pm

I noticed the differences too and was wondering why that might be. I think some of the cars may not have qualified very well because of speed but in the race they didn't deslot as often. In other words, faster cars may have been driven harder causing them to deslot more often whereas slow and steady produced more laps.

I was also think the drivers shared information about the handling characteristics of each so the other driver's had a 'heads up' when the car was handled off to the next driver.
Wicked Mini
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:18 am

I'd say it's heat and humidity.

One proxy race I hosted we stopped for lunch right before the last heat which should have been the fastest heat. The temperature in the raceway went up about a degree or two and the cars in the last heat got very loose. The cars in the second last heat won the race. Heat and humidity will affect different rubber compounds in different ways.

Have you ever noticed the same car will run extremely fast one day and two days later it's just an average car, and you haven't touched it.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:27 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:17 am

Thanks, Todd!

Wow - that is close at the top of the leaderboard - 8 Rounds completed and 1 point separates first place from second!! That's close racing! :text-bravo:

The podium is pretty well locked in - but who'll be standing on which step after 10 Rounds are completed...……….

Round #9 coming right up at PMCC in Irvine, CA.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:29 pm

Todd,

Could you please add the number 67 Elva BMW to the official SCCA 2019 roster. It should be in 32nd place overall, as we missed the first 7 races, but did run 17th last Friday at Cloverleaf.

Thanks, Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Val - my apologies! I will update the spreadsheet to reflect that. I had thought the results were for the #62 as it qualified - but wasn't listed. I have a PM into David to find out if the 62 failed prior to racing and was out for repairs or?
Thank you and again, sorry for the error!
:oops:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby arroldn » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Thanks Todd for the update. The #112 moves up from 11th to 9th place. #1 moved down from 19th to 20th. I cracked the top 10. Hopefully the #112 can keep moving up.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy