[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCCA Proxy Round 9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

SCCA Proxy Round 9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Re: SCCA Proxy Round 9 - Pebblestone Model Car Circuit

Postby gascarnut » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:38 pm

The backmarkers:

Field 05.jpg

And one of some of the drivers.

Drivers 01.jpg

From left to right in the photo: Mill Conroy, Dale Carstensen (Aloha) visiting from Hawaii, Jim Lane, Jay Henry, Tom Etherley, Gary Donahoe.

Dale and I did not drive as we both had cars in the race.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Thank you Dennis and crew.....I appreciate the work/play you guys put into this round.

Regards
John
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:56 pm

One more little bit of reporting - we had no failures or breakages all day, although the #24 car at one point seemed to be emitting some smell from the motor. We thought it was going to blow. But after pausing the race to check for any binding or overheating (of which there was no evidence) I applied a little oil to the motor and axle bushings, and the car continued to run without problems or smell. So I am not sure what was going on, but it did not seem to affect the car in any negative way.

Otherwise I think the cars are all in pretty good shape for 9 rounds of competition.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:24 pm

Thank you Dennis and the team for the run. Jai, Dale,Tom, Gary, Jim and Mill thank you for marshaling or attempting to get the most out of the 3 and the 33. Dave, Sir Dennis and Sir Chris congratulations on your win and podiums. ArroldN you've built a monster as there is a huge battle for 8-10th place that's very tight, your car came on strong during the last 1/2 of the series.
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:13 pm

Thank you Dennis and guys for running this round. Congratulations to all of the top finishers. Thanks guys for getting my Italian Pony to a 4th place finish. Heard my Porsche was fast but I guess it had to many offs. I will be corrected if this series runs again.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks a lot for running Round #9 for us, Dennis.

Congrats to Dave (drw21), you (gascarnut) and Chris (chrisguyw) on your podium finishes!! :text-bravo:

On to the final Round #10 with Monte (kidvoltage) in Oregon.

A treat to have Dale (aloha) on hand for the action!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Thank you Dennis and crew for all your hard work running this round. I'm glad to see that the #97 car behaved itself for you. Congrats to the podiumites.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi Dennis.

Well done to you Dennis, the drivers and other helpers for a great round. Congrats to Dave West and the other podiumites. Also to Munter for a solid if not spectacular round.

Disappointing I slipped from 14th to last but somebody has to fill that position. All cars apparently performed well so that is just the luck of the game. Looking like my chances of beating fellow Kiwi Munter overall are now very slim. I will have to be happy with Dave's continuing great performance.

Thanks again Dennis and all the best for your operation when it eventually occurs.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:38 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:11 am

Hi all.

Perhaps my car is trying to tell me something. I sometimes put up a much better qualifying time than my final race result. Also note I had 2 offs during qualifying.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby glasshorsevh » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 am

Dennis,

Thanks so much for another opportunity to have a run on your Pebblestone track. Sorry for fielding such an abysmal running car. I’ll do my best to fix those issues for future SCCA events. Great pictures, thanks for that too...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:32 pm

With a 30th place in race 2 and 22nd in race 3 I am pleased to be in the top 10 with the #112 Ferrari. Lesson learned: "Never repair always replace."
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:27 pm

Here are a couple more photos from the weekend:

Drivers 02.jpg

Drivers 03.jpg

Drivers in this shot are Phil Nyland, Mike Reese and Jim Lane, from left to right. Jay Henry at the end of the table marshaling with Dale.

I have some video as well, but I can't load that to HRW, so I will find a way to publish that.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm

I wonder if this works for the video:

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1 ... T1ro9mEQvf

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1 ... 6mxDJWOJCw

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1 ... uTj3hRbMPc

And this last one is from the final heat, with DRW21's red cheetah seeing off my white Chaparral, and Chrisguyw"s Corvette trailing slightly. You can see how the tires on the Chappy are starting to cry uncle.

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/AF1 ... ipnQmKJG_z

Let me know if the videos are accessible.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:00 pm

I got an error message on all the links.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy