[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - SCCA Proxy - Round 10 - Allenbrook Speedway

SCCA Proxy - Round 10 - Allenbrook Speedway

Re: SCCA Proxy - Round 10 - Allenbrook Speedway

Postby kidvoltage » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:12 am

And here we go!

It was opening day at Mitch's new Allenbrook Speedway and a beautiful Oregon day it was. Blue sky and temps reached just about 80 but inside it was cool and comfortable thanks to A/C. The race day crew consisted of Rico, Stan, Jeff, Bill, Zack, Doc, Mitch, Chris, Victoria and myself. Mitch operated the race computer, Vic and I managed the race results and the rest managed the racing action. And action there was! Mitch's track is a smooth flowing devil, I'll let him add the details, but cars traveled around fast and smooth.

Here's the race results of three minute heats one time through for a total of 9 race minutes per car.

Photos and some video to follow.

Now then, do we keep the cars or send them somewhere? There are quite a few of these we'd be happy to keep.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:42 am

The #99 is ALS..... Everyone loves Porsches not just me. :D :D :D

Thank you all for the run, I could only assume it was a long day and poor Mitch, I know you had a blast but I'm sure you're worn out. Congratulations SirChirsguyW on your win, Austin and MidageKid also on your podiums, Thanks again to the team for checking out the 33, that's racing and it will be back better next season.
Last edited by Brumos RSR on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:46 am

Sorry, and thanks.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:18 am

Thanks to Mitch and crew for getting this round completed. Hats off to our podium finishers. Almost made it with the #112 at least I got a top 5.The number 1 must have been hard to drive seeing how it had a decent qualifying time. The chassis shop has already made plans for improvement.
8-)
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:55 am

WOW!!! That is some close racing. 4-15=2 laps. Congrats to the podiumites. I'd like to thank Allan for organizing this proxie, Mitch and crew for this round, all the hosts/crews and a big thank you to Tusco Todd for the record keeping. I sure do hope that this becomes an annual event

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:51 am

Randy,
Did you not enter a car? If it returns come join the fun.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Thanks to the host and crew. I hope you enjoyed yourselves running the round.
I am happy to have held a mid field position throughout the series.

Regards
munter
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:36 pm

Ah I see it. The host abbreviated your handle. DFR
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Thanks for the qualy and race results, Monte and Mitch and crew!!

Congrats to the podium cars; Chris (chrisguyw), Don (Austin) and Tom (Midagekid1)!! :text-bravo:

This has been a fun series and one that has allowed us to race cars that you don't see very often in proxies.

Thanks to all the hosts and, of course, to Todd (tuscotodd) for doing the scorekeeping for us!

Ship the cars back to me and I'll get them sent out to their builders as soon as I can.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Congratulations to the podium finishers. That was a tie for second.
Close racing, the cars were great.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Allan first off thanks for your hard work in organizing the Proxy. Monte and team thank you for running the event. To the builders I got to see the cars personally when I was in LAX a few weeks back there are some great builds. It was a great Proxy all year long and that is one really nice Corvette at the top of the order and a really neat #66. To all thanks for the opportunity.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby alexis in greece » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:48 pm

Thanks Monte ,Mitch and team for this round. Congratulations SirChirsguyW , Austin and MidageKid on win and podiums.Best result for both my cars in this proxy?
alexis in greece
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:06 am

Thanks for a great round and congrats to the podiumites. See my Lotus 30 did its usual thing and slipped a bit from qualifying but at least it was far from last.

Congrats to Munter for leaving me in his dust again.

Have really enjoyed this proxy but perhaps if there is another I should put a bit more effort into my car preparation. At least it was good to fellow Kiwi near the pointy end.

Regards Chas Le Breton
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby torquemutant » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:35 pm

:text-bravo: Congratulations to the podium champions; Chris (chrisguyw), Don (Austin) and Tom (Midagekid1)
There certainly were some beautiful cars run in this series. Long live the SCCA Slot Car Proxy. :text-thankyouyellow:
torquemutant
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 SCCA Proxy