[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The Showdown Garage - Q&A - Builds

The Showdown Garage - Q&A - Builds

Older topics that might still have some photos for reference material.

Re: The Showdown Garage - Q&A - Builds

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Ok, so what do you think? Greyhound or dachshund? Beast or famine? I've seen plenty of circle track races of various types, but never attempted a slot-car that only goes left. This is an extreme offset, front motored, and cambered front end (not a mistake) car. Tiny Alice Racing (TAR) doesn't usually fair too well in the speed department, but ya can't say we don't have a sense of humor... Wait, we weren't going right were we?

Val...
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:11 pm

I think it will be a very interesting entry. Looks pretty well done to me, lot of creativity.

Keep us posted.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Hmmmmm :think: :think:
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Great effort here for sure, I suspect it will fare well mostly because it looks to be light and with the the motor in front (which I think should be a rule anyway. Ive toyed with a idea somewhat along this line but with a few different directions. Just not sure if I want to put the time in it not having a oval track now.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:18 pm

That looks like it is going to be a runner!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Lotus56 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:02 am

That's my kind of chassis. I was going to build something like it for this year, but decided to go more conventional. Don't worry about speed, its more fun to be creative and different and then to drive it. Last year my entry had three rear tires. I like it so much I think I just might have to build one like it, just for my own use...
Lotus56

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:30 am

I think it looks great. My own front engined chassis already has last place locked up, so you don't have to worry.

I was thinking of building something similar, but with the crown gear upside the tire like a spur gear.

The skills showcased in the build are top notch. Looks to be a very fine entry, and offers up something different.. I will be interested in how it does.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:12 am

Wow, Thanks to all for the kind words of encouragement!! Yes, the real fun is in the build and trying something you haven't done before. I don't have an oval and the Tiny Alice Racing home track is plastic, so we'll see how tuning this contraption goes.

Val...
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bobbyraz49 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:29 am

bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:46 am

That's pretty cool! They said Andy Granatelli was crazy too, bet he showed them.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:20 pm

interesting design
I like it :text-bravo:
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:23 am

ok after spending some time on my entry and getting in trouble with the wife
cause I haven't been doing the jobs I am meant to be doing
but it is worth it

Harry sent me one of his castings so saw it fitting to use it for this series

this is my 2nd brass chassis build and I did learn a lot from the first one
not sure how it goes as my track is buried under a lot of crap that is being sorted at the moment
so will not get a chance to test it as I need to get it in the post asap so it can hopefully make it to Harry in time

Harry I might have to get you to have a quick play when it arrives and let me know how it runs

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

hope it gets to do battle with all the other great cars
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:57 am

All I can say is Wow!

What a great looking car. From the chassis to body. Just the total package.

I will give it going over with pleasure. I commend you for finishing the effort without having your track to test. I'll sort out any issue and report to you any changes.

Well done! :music-rockout:
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:22 am

That is a stunning looking car. Great paint job. I really like the paint scheme of that car and the chassis looks very nice as well

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby strangebrew » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Now THERE'S a car!
This build fits the spirit of the showdown "perfectly". Great job.
strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW Archives