[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - T/A 70 AAR Cuda

T/A 70 AAR Cuda

Let's build the big ones!

Re: T/A 70 AAR Cuda

Postby Fitzy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:45 am

I finally had time to get the color on the body I think by the end of the weekend I can have everything painted and ready for final assembly I enjoyed building this car so much I already bought a couple more H&R Chassis and bodies to build more of them next one is going to be a 69 AMC Javelin more on that soon.

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:59 am

Oh yeah, looking smooth sir.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby arroldn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Your rear seat cover is that plastic or card stock?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 pm

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:50 pm

The detail on your car is awesome. I just hope mine looks half as good since I will be rushing to get mine complete. Not sure if I have any styrene of that size at the house. It may end up being card stock painted.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Looks great so far! Sure going to be a nice group of cars!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Broman62 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:55 pm

Looking sweet... love that color :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:20 pm

I am liking it!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Fitzy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:56 pm

I Hope to be finished here in a few days have to finish the decal application to the body so I can apply the clearcoat just doing a little trial fit so I can finish up the interior.

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:11 am

WOW! That is shaping up VERY nice!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Fitzy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:28 am

Ready to Clear Coat the Body I'll just have to finish the interior for the final assembly.

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fitzy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:16 am

I have finally had a chance to finish my Trans Am car hopefully there is another 1/25th scale Trans Am Proxy next year I'll be ready!! LOL the last time I updated the build of this car I was heading to the shop to apply the Clearcoat I grabbed a can of Spray Max 1K Clearcoat as I have used plenty of times before applied 1 coat and whamo!! the decals wrinkled and curled up like I had just applied a coat of paint stripper to them wow what a mess I have been using this clear for sometime and never ran into this problem "Do Not Apply This Clearcoat Over Patto's Decal's" it has too hot of a solvent so the only thing I could do was soak the body in oven cleaner for couple days to start over took 3 days and an entire can of oven cleaner but I got it cleaned off and refinished again came out great so I reapplied the decals and this time used a hobby Enamel clear I found in Hobby Lobby in the Krylon paint section called Short cuts small can like a Testors can inexpensive under 4 dollars really easy to spray dries pretty quick for an enamel has excellent gloss retention I would recommend giving it a try I also picked up a bottle of floor wax I have never used that for Clearcoat so I wanna try that too.

Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Fitzy, that car is stunning!! Too bad you had to paint it twice.

FYI, the cars are at my place now for the T/A proxy, and I'm in a delay to get some folks to help me run my round.
You probably could get it to me to at least have a run in my round and then the round that will take place at Marks Model World.

We are searching for open dates but December got full fast. It may be Jan before a round happens.
If not, I bet there will be a 2019 edition of this proxy.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:49 pm

Fitz,
I must agree with Mike. Get that car in. It looks fantastic.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slot GT » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:06 pm

How did you make that chin spoiler? Looks really good.
Slot GT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Taylor 1/24 TA Proxy 2018