[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round 2 at GMS Qualifying completed

Round 2 at GMS Qualifying completed

Let's build the big ones!

Round 2 at GMS Qualifying completed

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Hello race fans!

So due to the holidays and schedule conflicts with drivers, we were in a holding pattern for round number 2 of the 1/24 TA Proxy here at Galena Motor Speedway. Now, we are back on track. :D

We have scheduled to race this weekend on the 13th, and I hope to have plenty of photos and race reports for you.
We have a field of 14 cars, and I will try to get qualifying in on Friday or Saturday before the race.
Watch this space for more news and thank you all for being patient with our delay.

Cheers,
Mike
Last edited by Z-carfan on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Round 2 at GMS or... better late than never round.

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:16 pm

Oh yeah, good stuff.

No guys...don't get upset when I leave all of you in the dust ok? Remember, it's all for fun. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby btaylor » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:25 pm

Great news Mike! Since we had no real schedule, there cant be a delay right?
Glad you will get to run them though, they are a blast. I can still see my Camaro blowing past Harry's mustang! At least thats the way i remember it? Lol
Have fun with em!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby 4424ever » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:50 pm

:banana-dance: hope there’s lots of :banana-gotpics:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:53 pm

I plan to post them by Make so everyone remembers what’s running.
We will take As many pics as TucsoTodd and I can post and if you know Todd, there WILL be pics. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:09 pm

Glad to see the second leg of this great idea in motion..... my driver has confirmed that all the cars have a great looking rear end and he hopes to get a better look at the fronts in the pits tonight while the other drivers are getting some rest......
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Re: Round 2 at GMS Qualifying completed

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Hello again race fans, we've finally completed qualifying here at GMS and boy it was a fun one.

I ran each car for a few laps to confirm all was well, then ran a ten lap qualifying run in the white lane of my two lane Carrera road course. Qualifying was run at 10 volts and provided some great fun.

Here are the cars by Make on my track.

The Mopar contingent

The Bow-Tie brigade

Ford's warriors

Next up, qualifying report.
Again, each car got 10 laps after a brief warm up and sorting out any issues I found which are in the notes.

Cars were run in numerical order from lowest to highest, if the car was marked by entrant name I have that in the spreadsheet.
For those I missed, please drop me a note and I can update the list.

The cars are listed by their qualifying times.

Here are your qualifying cars in order.

If we are lucky and the weather is good to us, our drivers contingent will be here to run the race.
Fingers crossed that race and the report is coming tomorrow night

Cheers,
Mike
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 4424ever » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Nice to see these running again :text-bravo:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:51 pm

Um Congratulations to the top qualifiers. Looks like my MOPARS are having a few problems. Hopefully they will race better. Not sure what is up with the 9. You say it has some body/tire rubbing. I'll have to get on that chassis engineer. :angry-tappingfoot:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 am

Great report! looks like they are all running well on your track. Keep it coming!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:25 am

Mike - great to get a preview!
APalmer, Slot Therapist and myself will be slip sliding your way shortly - the roads around here are snow covered but moving MUCH better than they were last night!
Looking forward to some vintage T/A racing action this afternoon!!!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:52 pm

I'll take it! Sand those tires if you need to. Might have a glaze. Not looking to do any better against the field, but might make it easier to drive.

I just like seeing the cars out here on this track!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Gameover » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Harrys looking at my back decal.... cant catch this cuda :)
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby arroldn » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Mike,
Don't know if the race has been run but do what you think is best and fair to the field. The #9 didn't run to well at Bob's track either. Since there was no feedback it may be as you suspect. Rear tire may be rubbing. As stated in the build phase I did not have a chance to get to a commercial track to test them before shipping.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Taylor 1/24 TA Proxy 2018