[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Thread to share 3d files

Thread to share 3d files

All about the next generation of our hobby. From vendors to independent artists.

Re: Thread to share 3d files

Postby Lou E » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:54 am

For those of you who have printed the Can-Am cars, what dimension did you use? I’m going to start by printing the Shadow with NimROD’s dimensions and see what happens! I’ll keep you guys posted
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby -Nimrod- » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Hi All,

I had this one brewing in the background for a little while
One of the more Beautiful looking cars from that era of racing IMO
Once again the scale will need to be looked at.
if you print it then you have to pic it

Jim,
Mate, we are at opp sides of the spectrum, you work like an artist and I smash with a sledge hammer
Love your work.
I'll get a few more bodies out, then i'm gonna try building a 3d printable kit from scratch.

Also if you can help with finding dimensions, please, it would be greatly appreciated.

As for the next car;
Chappyman66 already has this one covered - Toyota Seven (a different version maybe?)
Carrera - Porsche 917-30
Carrera - Lola T-222 (close enough to the T220?)
Tassie Resins does the Honker
That leaves the Ford G7-A and Nissan R382, lets see what we can dig up on the net

I reckon Ferrari 512's and 512M's would make a good kit

Cheers
NimROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer1h » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Consider the Ferrari 312P.....beautiful race car.
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HWPSlotCars » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:41 pm

HWPSlotCars

Postby -Nimrod- » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi Gentlemen,

I've had this model for quite a few years, should be ready by next week
Get your scale rulers ready

Cheers
NimROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer1h » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:01 pm

now thats a sexy body......can't wait!

I second the Cobra reply!
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby -Nimrod- » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:56 am

Cobra,

Grab a set of those 3D printing tool, cuts through the support stuff like butter

Cheers
NiMROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer1h » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:31 pm

3 bodies waiting for parts....Ferrari 712 - 2nd Shadow - TI22......all shared by Nimrod!
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:18 pm

Those are terrific, nice work!, and big Thanks to NimROD :text-thankyouyellow:
:text-coolphotos:

Edit: yes, this picture of the trio, plus the Alfa file this morning pushed me over the edge,
the printer is on its way....(that sale is only a few more days on the site)
This should be good.
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:56 pm

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer1h » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:10 pm

No they don’t come off the printer ready to paint. In my opinion, 3d isn’t a whole lot different then working on all the resin models over the years. They all need some sanding, primer, and filling to varying degrees depending on the initial model, printer, and file.
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby -Nimrod- » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:19 pm

Steve,
Where are the March 707 and BRM P154, gotta have the whole line up Mate.

Paul,
You've made the right decision and opened up a whole world of new cars to enjoy, whatever the scale.

Lou E,
Talk with Steve, he's pumping the prints out faster than I can get them out.
Treat it similar to a resin body, but not as smooth as one (certainly NOT as smooth as one of Dave's)
I can get very smooth prints where one layer of paint will hide any stepping, but the over all geometry of the print may still need sanding to get the ridges down.
Jim's also helping me with ways of increasing the geometry to produce smoother models.

Steve, I think you've printed all 5 bodies, what are your printer settings and the average cleanup time prior to final coat of paint?

Cheers
NiMROD
-Nimrod-
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:38 pm

Steve - you are doing an amazing job getting these out so quickly! I'm going to start focusing on getting all of these printed so I can start building.

To speed that up a little - I just picked up a 2nd Ender3.

Interestingly, it has the new firmware and a few minor changes in the 6 months since I'd gotten my original one. All I've done is add the yellow bed springs ( I had extras), a mirror bed, and it's making a few parts for itself. When the feeder starts to wear, I'll put the red, aluminum one on it as well.

Nimrod - you're doing an amazing service for us. Thank YOU!

OH! I've got the original Aurora Ferrari 312p - I can post the dimensions if you need them.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby racer1h » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:56 pm

I doubt if I spend anymore then a couple of hours prepping before first coat of primer, including removing the supports. Fitting the chassis for the proper wheelbase, clearance, etc. takes the most time. As far as settings, nothing fancying, as I am pretty new to this and still learning fine points of Cura. It seems every printer and filament type is different.
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:55 am

Thank you for the replies gentlemen, I appreciate it. I don’t know when I’m going to have time to turn these beauties into full running slot cars but I’m having a whole lot of fun watching the printer create these.

So far I have printed 2 356 and 2 Shadows, only one of each is a keeper because of me playing with settings.

My prints come out pretty decent, I don’t think it will take much work to smooth them out ( thinking a couple of shots of primer with sanding in between and then the final coat ) so I think I’ll continue the way I have unless I’m told of a better way.

Hoping to print the rest of the files through the week but if not, definitely this weekend. I’ll also transfer the pictures from my phone to the laptop so I can share my prints. More to come...
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Slot Forum