About the 3D Slot Forum

All about the next generation of our hobby. From vendors to independent artists.

About the 3D Slot Forum

Postby SlotCarCorner » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:56 am

Many of us on HRW are watching 3D printing from the sidelines hoping someday we'll get a chance to play. Like many new technologies that preceded it, the 3D printing landscape is evolving quickly. With so many 3D printers to choose from, continually improving features, and increasingly attractive pricing, it can be daunting to decide where to start. While commercially available 3D printed slot car parts have been available for some time, personal 3D printers open up a whole range of new possibilities for slot car racers. Whether you already own a 3D printer, are in the market for one, or are just curious about the technology in general, this forum is for you. Tell us about your 3D printer and the types of slot car related prints you do. If you’re so inclined, share your designs for other HRW members to print. Ask questions if you’re curious about some aspect of 3D printing or in the market for a 3D printer. In summary, this forum is for slot car racers with an interest in personal 3D printers – it’s a place to learn about the technology, to share information and designs/prints, and to experiment with your wildest ideas.
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Re: About the 3D Slot Forum

Postby ccobra » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:16 am

I just started playing around with the IC3D Petg filament and once I got the glue sticks and the temperature set, I have been pleased with it. Only problem I've really had is the flat forehead that I got when I discovered that if you select the little black triangle you have more color selections than just black. Anyway I whipped out the glue stick and slapped a little glue on the plate, then turned the extrusion temp up to 255 degrees C and let her rip out a chassis. The Petg Black is more glossy than the ABS and with the tubular design I use on the chassis it seems very flexible but once I finish up Chappy's 356 he posted I'll see how it runs with the other prints that I've done.
I might add though with the new CURA download I've notice a big difference with the print quality in a very good way.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 3D Slot Forum