Working with a 3D body

All about the next generation of our hobby. From vendors to independent artists.

Re: Working with a 3D body

Postby racer1h » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:15 am

Please send me the file also.....thanks, it looks great.

Fergie2h@gmail.com
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:04 pm

Emails sent. Have fun with the support material. This is 1/32 scale and the 1550mm wheelbase goes down to 48.4375mm. Now that I got the chassis printed up, its back to the printer to try and get the body to print out.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kalbfellp » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:23 am

Thanks Dave,thst is what I have been doing,but had to do some alterations as well a smoothing.
Machines,software and knowledge changes do fast, just getting back into things after 12 months.
kalbfellp

Postby model murdering » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:10 am

Hi David,

I've dabbled a bit with printed H0 offerings, so Im following along with great interest, curiosity, and of course questions. Looking forward to your observations.

Are you applying primer/surfacer directly over the planar "tidelines", or are you profiling and sanding them prior to application ? If so, are you not smoothing the "raw cast" because the parent material is resistant ?

With an irregular base (not smooth), and the surfacer presumably not catalyzed, I'm wondering about shrinkage revealing the naughty bits; down the road, after the base/color/top coats have had time to cure and stretch out tight.

As King of the Dum Dums here on my bench, I have been guilty of pushing the limits of surfacer more than once.

Good Luck

Bill
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Phil - it is rapidly evolving!

Bill - I prime with Duplicolor Automotive Primer/Filler. After a coat or two, I'll lightly sand to see what needs to be filled. I've not had any issues thus far with any shrinking.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Previous

Return to 3D Slot Forum