Had to do an emergency fix

All about the next generation of our hobby. From vendors to independent artists.

Had to do an emergency fix

Postby ccobra » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:31 pm

I know its not a slot car but have you ever been in a middle of a print when it started separating? It happened to me again today so hopefully I could save this one since I was in the middle of a short 28.5 hour print when the print started acting up.
So before it started coming apart much more I thought I might try welding it back together.
I think I might have saved it for I didn't want to start the print over again after it had been printing for around five hours already.
I think that I'll still need to touch it up tomorrow after it is done printing though.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Had to do an emergency fix

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:39 pm

It does sometimes happen if you have a feed problem or a partial jam that clears itself. If it's not too bad you can glue it, or I sometimes use a 3D pen to weld it together.

And yes....I have dumped long prints if there is a problem halfway through.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:20 pm

I have too Paul,
Cobra I patched a moving target support structure on the fly today at 16 hours in,
How it separated I’ll never know, it’s runnin...

Keep at it!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:01 am

It didn't turn out to bad. I should be able to plastic weld it back together, sand it down smooth add a couple of coats of paint and hopefully they will never no the difference when I do my demonstration in about three weeks.
After 22 hours of printing I didn't want to give up on it that easy and start over on the print. Besides I still have one that will take close to thirty hours to print.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 3D Slot Forum