[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1951 Belanger Special WIP

1951 Belanger Special WIP

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Re: 1951 Belanger Special WIP

Postby mattb » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:06 am

P1010005.JPG It's a scratchbuilt brass. All these style brass chassis, including this one I have gone to a double thick belly pan. I use .064 brass and after the frame is mocked up, I cut a second piece to put "under" the main pan. That puts the COG as low as possible and really helps get around the corners. The front axle carriers I like are remnants of the 60's. They are the Strombecker or Atlas front frame sections that they used on their open pole motors. I have about used up all the cheap rear axle mounts. For the cars I run on the King track, I now use the forged units. I was bending too many of the stamped brackets. Even when I braced them, they still bent. I have a hard time soldering the tubing that braces everything, so I am better off using a stronger bracket for the rear axle.

I built a few openwheelers using 60's Dynamic inline chassis with a brass belly pan and they run good times, but it is actually easier and faster to just build a simple brass chassis like in the picture. I can kind of clamp it all together and turn on my little torch and get solid solder joints on all pieces. I have a small aluminum block I clamp to the belly pan and can screw the rear axle bracket to. It is ground out at the bottom so I can solder the rear bracket in the correct spot and get a good burn all the way around.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 1951 Belanger Special WIP

Postby bill from nh » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Matt, thanks for the chassis information. Ar times, simple works best. :)
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale