[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - WORKS IN PROGRESS

WORKS IN PROGRESS

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Postby mattb » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:58 am

Caught up on fall maintenance and other projects, now back to some fun stuff.

For our local Monday nite outlaws, I have a couple of these Jimmy Flintstone 34 Fords for our hot rod class. No detail, just slick paint and go fast. We have fun with these cars. for myself the Simoniz Special Watson roadster. There is a pic of the Osterero model on the net and it looks so good I almost thought of shopping around for one of them. I realize, I will never run a 1/32 car and it is too valuable to crash to the floor. I pulled out one of my resin bodies and went to work. I have the chassis done and most of the paint. Need trim and driver. Herman Steinman sent me the great set of Cox Ferrari wheels with the gold centers and a set of urethanes he gets from Oz. I have Halibrand inserts made, but I might just run those Ferrari wheels.

He says those tires are silicone, but I think they are urethane. They are nice with correct finish on both sides.

P1010006.JPGP1010003.JPG
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: WORKS IN PROGRESS

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Looking good. Good to see I am not alone in the big cars taking up the workbench:)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:20 pm

I'm amazed at how much more room is involved in building 1/24th-1/25th. I don't build as many as I used to, but the contrast is incredible. Mt workbench is 4 feet by six feet, and I have to rearrange it to build the biggies.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:57 pm

waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby mattb » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:18 pm

I sure like building in 1/24. I like the bigger size and room. I could do 1/32 if I had to, but for my old eyes and hands 1/24 is easier. We run on a commercial track or Carrera and the 1/32 stuff I have looks lost on Carrera track.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale