rubber tires for Carrera Ferrari 458

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

rubber tires for Carrera Ferrari 458

Postby Mseitz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 am

I've been toying with a 1:24 Carrera 458, trying to see how well I can make it run on our routed track. So far, pretty well. Used a Devis3D design pod (excellent product) and got the horsepower needed with a Shark 25k motor. It's a heavy car but now feels about as robust as the BRMs. Currently shod with trued urethane but Rubber tires just work better on our track, at least for the BRMs we race. Haven't taken any measurements but was wondering if anyone has tried the BRM tires that fit the Group C cars? Could the Megane tires work? Also curious if Scale Auto tires are an option? Would like to keep the same Carrera wheels. Staying away from foam. Suggestions?
Mseitz

Re: rubber tires for Carrera Ferrari 458

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Well if you want stock Carrera 458 tires, I have some. As well as urethane and silicone. Just looking at my Megane, I doubt they'll fit the 458. I don't have any Scaleauto to test.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:07 am

Mseitz..If you haven't tried Bruce's urethanes yet I would give them a shot. In the testing I did when they first came out they stuck so much better than the PG tires I have been using.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby carlosinseattle » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:56 pm

Sent you a PM about possible motor that might help.
carlosinseattle

Postby Dogsbody » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:57 pm

ScaleAuto tires won't work due the pronounced tall ribs on the Carrera cars but I can vouch for CincySlots sillies. They work a treat on wood and Carrera tracks. Carlos' motor is also a better, IMHO, option than the smaller cans motors. You'll find that the smaller cans get rather hot hauling around all that weight.
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:50 pm

What happened with this?
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mseitz » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:27 am

HI:
Got a little sidetracked on this project. My goal of making the Carrera 24 scale in the range of BRM Group C cars hasn't materialized yet. The 25K slot.it motor w/adaptor was more than adequate on my short track but not nearly quick enough on the Slotzuka track where our group most often runs 24th scale. Carlos is sending me a 30K motor to try. I do want to try your urethane tires and will call to order a set. Our group has also struggled finding an optimal tire for or BRM cars. Their Shore 30 tires are just lacking in bite, the Shore 22 tires are quite good but tend to pill up easily. We don't us silicones on any cars. So that's where I am. The Carrera cars offer so many great looking options at a reasonable price so I need to keep at it. If I can get a couple trans-am proxy cars buttoned up this weekend maybe can get back to it.
Mseitz

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale