[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - make your on silicone tires

make your on silicone tires

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

make your on silicone tires

Postby 351c » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Hey guys, first I like the Paul Gage tires. I have some H&R foam tires and wheels that I got when I bought their chassis.
Now I have some other cars I would like use the wheels on but they are foam. Does anybody do there on silicone tires
and if so what do you use?
Thanks Mike :text-thankyouyellow:
351c

Re: make your on silicone tires

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby mattb » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:55 pm

]That is all that we run. We use the windshield sealer as shown in Harry's post. I made up a gizmo with my old erector set to mount a long 1/8 inch shaft and power it with gear reduction to turn slowly. I can put 6 tires on this shaft and coat them as they spin slowly, then leave spinning until kind of dry, an hour or so. If I only have a pair to do, I like to chuck them in my cordless drill and turn them while applying silicone and smoothing it off with a popsicle stick. On the commercial track, we wear thru in 4-6 hours of hard racing. I am finding that two coats, then smooth and true with my small belt sander, then one thin smooth coat. That seems to last about as long as high speed hard use will allow,.

[attachment=0]P1010001.JPG[/attachment
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby frank9129 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:47 pm

What happens when you apply silicone to rubber tires?
Is it the same as a recap?
Do they even make recaps today?
frank9129
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Racie35 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Same thing...they work ok......you're the recapper!!!!
Racie35
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 351c » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks guys for the reply very helpful :text-thankyouyellow:
351c

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale