[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Hey Bruce, "Cambered" BRM cars....

Hey Bruce, "Cambered" BRM cars....

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Hey Bruce, "Cambered" BRM cars....

Postby Jesla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:24 am

Have you had a chance to try any of those "cambered" BRM cars?

Interesting idea that Nascar outlawed, wondering if it helps or not.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Hey Bruce, "Cambered" BRM cars....

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:36 am

Yes, we actually chipped ours for Carrera digital. Not an easy thing to do. They are pretty fun to drive but the gears were a little noisy. I just never REALLY sat down to figure them out or maybe I did and they're just noisy. lol Here's a pic of one we are selling on our page. If you want it, let me know. Maybe we can work something out. It is used a little. I don't think there is any wear or broken parts.

Bruce

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:47 am

Wondered about gear mesh with a cambered spur. Still might be interesting to play with.
Also wondering if it would be worth converting a Trans Am car.

Ya' know I think I'll start calling you my 'Pusher Man'. I've seen drug dealers less temping..... LOL
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 am

LOL, the camber just seems to fit these cars, visually and functionally.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 am

I have two of them the Simca and the NSU. Our group bought aorund 8 of them to mess around with. They run well. I haven’t done a lot with the camber played around with it a bit adjusting from the factory setting but then just reset it back
We run them mainly with slot.it foam tyres on them the original tyre didn’t look like they would last as they quickly started marbling up they do offer good grip though
BRM are about to release a Renault 8 and the Fiat Abarth is on the way

A little pricey but a lot of fun
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:38 am

Just STOP.... both of you...

LOL

.... hooked... line and sinker!
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:44 am

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JamieB » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:53 am

I’m fairly new to the slot car hobby and especially the BRM cars. I keep looking through them on Bruce’s website and I kinda want them all, especially the trans am and cambered cars. I’m starting to look into how I can sell a kidney to raise funds to buy a bunch of them. Lol
:laughing-rolling:
Last edited by JamieB on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamieB
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am

Oh Come ON!.... you guys are killing me....

LOL
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 am

The Fiat does look interesting!

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Renault is next off the rank - it may already be available - lots of pics of the first 4 models.
http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices ... m-6981.php

The Fiat is only in design concept and prototype stage
http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices ... m-7005.php

They both have "Buy Me" oozing from the photos :)
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Lou E » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ppearlman95 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:32 pm

I just looked at the price and it is pretty steep.

Anyone know if there are silicone tires that fit this car?
Ppearlman95

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale