[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Quick Kit Report - Revell Black Widow

Quick Kit Report - Revell Black Widow

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Quick Kit Report - Revell Black Widow

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Saw this new kit on the shelf, and bought it for a couple reasons:

1. I love the Black Widow in any scale.
2. It has a new decal sheet that helps create the actual cars.

Have to say, I am not much of a collector when it comes to kits. But those who like box art should like this.

So you could make Buck Baker, Speedy Thompson, or Jack Smith.

OR you are a multiple scale person and just make the one, and the smaller decals would fit for a 1/32 Showdown car!

Anyway, not a bad kit overall. The decals sweeten the appeal.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Quick Kit Report - Revell Black Widow

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:18 pm

Wow! That's cool!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gameover » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 pm

saw that one at my local hobby lobby...... thought about buying. might have to now.
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby bigman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Harry :text-goodpost:
That is a nice model kit. :text-bravo:
Decals are really nice to, lots of cool old time dealers :D :idea: :clap:
The box art is super cool :text-coolphotos: , I like the fans hanging out on the high banks. :text-coolphotos:
Thanks for posting. :text-bravo:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Yes sir, thats a must have!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Broman62 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:29 pm

SAAAAAWEEEEEEET!!!! I too saw that at my HL when I picked up my Camaro for the TA proxy...40% off would make it a great deal!! Looking forward to this build!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby PetesLightKits » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:49 am

Nice looking kit but those fans are a bit, shall I say, "ahead of their time" compared to the era of the kit. And everyone is looking at the "camera", not the cars. :?

Peter
PetesLightKits
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:03 am

Yes, that part is odd. But the artwork of the cars is still nice.

And the box art isn't why I bought it, but it might bother those that do.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:23 am

I must say, as much of a rivet counter as I am, I never saw that box art. Now I can't not see it!

Meanwhile, are those large areas on the decal sheet for door skins and floor panels?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 am

Yes, they are for the inside door panels and the seats.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BIG E » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Harry, I use parts and pieces from 1/24-25 kits to customize my HO slots (yes, it's possible).
Some of the guys in my model car club, the Long Island Auto Replica Society (LIARS) accuse me of "inter scale engineering".
What the heck, I'll take the compliment. Same goes for your multipurpose decal suggestion.
As they say, like minds... Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:46 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale