Midget mania!

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Midget mania!

Postby btaylor » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am

Just cant stop building these little guy's! Every time I finish one, I get another idea on a paint scheme, and go again. I am using up my supply of slimcan motors on these, as now I can adjust the power at each lane to accommodate the various rpm's of the motors. Of all the cars I build, these are probably my favorites to build and run. Using the slotting plus deep wood guide, keeps them planted in the slot, and allows the back ends to tail out nicely in the corners. The first series of midgets I built a couple of years ago, were based on the Strombecker 1/32 bodies. They were fun, but didn't handle as good as I wanted, no matter what I did. Then I built the big Monogram versions. They are a hoot, and I will still build them, but the 1/25 Revell car is by far my favorite. The overall balance, and size is just right, and they are big fun to race. I have 8 cars so far, and enough resin bodies stocked up to build that many more. I am still trying to standardize my wheel choice, but I have found there are a lot of combinations that work well. Here is the fleet so far.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: Midget mania!

Postby bill from nh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:56 am

A great looking racing field, Bob !
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby williamg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:32 am

They look great
Nice work on the detailiing
williamg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:26 am

Great looking fleet you have going. Sounds like you have fun building these, and racing them to. REL13
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale