Scale racing NJ style

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Scale racing NJ style

Postby jcis4me » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:54 am

Marty
Last edited by jcis4me on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scale racing NJ style

Postby jcis4me » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:01 pm

NJ SCALE Racing's July Hardbody race was held at The Race Place, Farmingdale, NJ. See the BRM and Scaleauto forum's for more race results. This race was held on The Red Lightning track, 3 minute heats. Most cars were street stocks, Trans-Am (Mustangs, Camaros, '70 Chevy, 'Cudas, Challengers), GTX, 1 IMSA Mustang, Corvette Grand Sport). Here are the results:

1) Martin Dixon.........126 laps......yellow lane.......8.179252**fast lap time winner
2) Chris....................120 laps.....orange lane.......6.640825 (had a rider)
3) Marty...................118 laps......orange lane......8.621029
4) Glenn Orban...........117 laps......purple lane.......8.679081
5) Robert Holt.............116 laps......yellow lane......8.620870
6) Jim Regan...............114 laps......orange lane......8.788476
7) Andre Harris.............107 laps......purple............8.839846

Martin's car was the car to beat (Camaro). The rest of us need to work more on chassis tuning to catch Martin, especially with using a tire machine. If you look at the rest of the field, with those cars basically tuned the same, you can see how evenly matched they are, and how close of a race this class is, which really makes this a fun and competitive, low cost class to race. I replaced my fronts and rears with ProTrack black rimmed Daytona Stockers, with super wide rears. This gave my "big boat" '70 Chevy Impala too much grip, so I ran on 2 wheels around most corners, lowering my overall lap totals and lap times. Next month I will go back to the narrow H&R Rears. Chris got a 2nd place finish with a great handling IMSA Mustang, Marty got another podium with his newly finished Corvette Grand Sport (a beaulty! see his other posts with pix of this car). This was Marty's second race with NJ SCALE Racing, and already he has had some podium finishes!
Andre had some trouble with one of Rob Holt's cars, so once he gets a better handle on racing this class, we expect him to move up in the standings, just as he has been doing in both the BRM and Scaleauto races. Jim ran his Challenger, and Rob has a large stable of Trans-Am cars (Camaros, Mustangs, 'Cudas). All of these cars were among the pack of evenly matched cars, so it was up to how many crashes each driver had to determine his lap scores.

I had 6 different hardbody cars- one to race, the other 5 were various experiments with various chassis and motors. Next month I expect to have 4 cars for the H&R class, 2 ProTrack Hardbody brass cars with 40k motors, one a Carrera Porsche 917 body with a MJK chassis, another a TSR with a Porsche 917 model kit body. All performed well in track tests.

We also track tested a box stock TSR with a lexan LMP body, and this kept pace with a Scaleauto car. We are hoping to get this class going sometime in the future. And still more and more Hardbody cars were shown in various stages of completion, so our group of racers will continue to have lots more cars in the upcoming months.

I enjoy this class because, especially with the 1960's era model kit bodies, I am reminded of 1966 era Hardbody cars such as produced by MPC, AMT, and other makers from the golden age era of this hobby
Marty
Last edited by jcis4me on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scale racing NJ style

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Looks like fun!!!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale