[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My Carrera 1st Digital 124

My Carrera 1st Digital 124

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

My Carrera 1st Digital 124

Postby MrAdept » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Accumulated a Porsche 917K today as I now have the track to run them on.

Next to one of my Fly cars for size - This is the first one so the size difference to me is impressive.
Drives very nicely on the D132 power pack.

Definitely going to need the aprons though as the standard track is tight through the corners.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My Carrera 1st Digital 124

Postby MrAdept » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 pm

I can foresee that becoming an issue - I will need to enlarge the track width a bit...

Looking forward to the 512s when they appear.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:49 pm

I didn't need to see this car again :)

Very nice, glad you are enjoying it. I want one of these and the new 512s for a classic "massive matchup"

That list just keeps getting longer!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MrAdept » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:22 am

One of the other nice things about being able to run 1/24 cars is that I have a number of 1/24th kits that I was going to use for RC - bought many years ago - that I can use on the slot track instead.
Going to enjoy building a few of those.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:55 am

Carrera 1:24 = best-kept secret in slot car racing. :banana-dance:

They are so nicely done, and with the right tires and/or magnet setup, amazingly fun to drive.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby proxieken » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 am

We race both scales, but it seems the big cars get more time on the track. Those cars run great and are hard to beat with some of the other cars we have. I am purchasing less and less of the 1/32 scale cars now. I think I am just loving the big racers too much.
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:13 am

One of the big problems in the past was that they didn't have enough 1:24 cars. That's not true any more. There are lots of them now, and each type of car has a decent number of running mates.
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:26 am

The Porsche 917K looks impressive! About how large of a track length or relative table size would you need to give the 1/24 slot cars enough room for some fun racing?

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby goosenapper » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 am

The only knock that I have against Carrera D124 is that it seems every release is a limited edition, and once they sell out- regardless of how fast that occurs- that's it, they don't make more. Luckily, they are all fairly priced and certainly worth every cent.

I once said that going from 1/32 cars on the track to 1/24 was turning on a switch with the label "fun" above it, and I stick by that. The cars are responsive and a joy to drive.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MrAdept » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:02 am

The 917 is a lot of fun to drive, I can get drifts around some of the corners which is fun.
My current table is 14 feet by a little over 4 feet and is all 1st radius track. Perhaps another foot or so would make it better. Then I could add the aprons for better drifting.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 am

Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 pm

Man, where have I been? When did you change over to Carrera track, Bruce? Looks good!
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Carrera track is the only track I've EVER owned! The sad thing is, you ran on it before. :violence-smack: :doh: :lol: :lol:
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:08 pm

The last time I drove on your track, it was painted gray, wasn't it? :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:09 pm

yep!
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale