[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Mounting PG Tires

Mounting PG Tires

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Mounting PG Tires

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:19 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Mounting PG Tires

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Nice tutorial! I need to get some slower setting glue... I have been using standard loctite and you literally have seconds to get things squared away before you have an out of square out of round tire/wheel combo... Can be very frustrating.
I unfortunately run with magnets, full voltage, with the stock motor(s) at the local commercial track, and have found that nail polish won't cut it for very long - but the super glue does do well. (now just need a source for the slow cure stuff!) :D

Thanks again for the tutorial and in particular the stand off tip - that is a slick idea! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby RazorJon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:46 pm

I have been meaning to show that trick for awile now but keep forgeting, thanks for doing it for me Harry :text-goodpost:
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

I do the same thing with a wooden dowel that is jammed hard into a board. I pop it up and down with a mallet for adjustment, but its the same basic tool. Frankly, I thought I was the only one who would care about it. I can't stand inserts that stand proud. Makes me nuts and I think it ruins the look of the whole car. I use mine for 1/32 and 1/24.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Gentleman Norb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:05 pm

Good information Harry.
Thanks
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:38 pm

I forgot to mention something. There is something called "nail hardener" that is much better about a hold for urethane. I thought I got that from you, but where ever it came from, its much better than nail polish for gripping the tire.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Yes, that works too.

Thanks for the comments guys, glad it might help a few.

And Jon, you are the guy to thank. You motivated me to do this one.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby paul gage » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 am

paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale