[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - Gauging interest in 1/25 Open Wheel

Gauging interest in 1/25 Open Wheel

1/24th Scale Slot Car Forum
"Home Of The Big Ones!"

Re: Gauging interest in 1/25 Open Wheel

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Old mods!

They are open wheel :)

Just kidding.

I like classic INDY, but anything that someone makes that works on my oval I like too.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby DAVE » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:51 pm

We run the Kurtis Kraft indy and sprint cars on a regular basis. The commercial guys have a Kurtis Kraft indy
proxie race going. The cars are in Germany right now, and will make the circuit of other tracks in Europe. Then
back to the midwest, and then on to the west coast. These cars have been surprisingly popular. I also have to
agree with Harry on the dirt modifieds.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gonegonzo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Modified Coupes and Sedans .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm all for doing "Indy Cars" - whatever era.

I have an STP Turbine body just sitting here waiting to be used.

Also a Harvey Aluminum Special waiting to be completed.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:31 pm

I don't have any bodies sitting around - so I would have to see what others might be able to point me to - but I think it would be great to see a field of late '50's Indy cars like the AJ Foyt car Dave shows above or like one of the following:

(and for some ear candy)

:)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Mseitz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:27 pm

Add me to the list. From the front: Strombecker Brabham #6 maybe the most detailed kit made in the sixties. 14 K&B Cooper, cool factory piano wire suspension. #7 scratch built pittman powered Ferrari, #2 Atlas BRM, fastest of the bunch. #7 Cox Ferrari, #82 Monogram Lotus 38, very smooth runner. #92 Strombecker Lotus, nice detail but slow.

I love these old things. They are allowed out on the track from time to time.

Mseitz
Mseitz

Postby RazorJon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:37 am

I like the Indy Racers, I am going to get both of what Dave is casting
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Return to HRW 1/24 Scale