[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Formula 1 Proxy - the cars are starting to arrive!

Formula 1 Proxy - the cars are starting to arrive!

Formula 1 Proxy - the cars are starting to arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:10 pm

The first of the Formula 1 Proxy cars showed up today - this one from Chris (chrisguyw). Looks good / feels fast...…….

I'll get an on-track photo of each of the cars as they arrive for Round #1.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Formula 1 Proxy - the cars are starting to arrive!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:18 pm

Two more cars showed up today; one from steeveew and the other from old23.

Here's Steve's entry:

It been awhile since I've seen "Cosworth" written on an F1 car.

And here's Stewart's entry:

Stewart used to run the VRAA proxy over on the SCI board (Vintage Race Across America - a vintage F1 proxy), so I expect that his car will be fast; very fast...…….

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old23 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am

Wow! That was excellent service from the Canada and US postal services, especially considering I chose the cheapest level of service. :lol:

Allan, thanks for the tip o' the hat regarding the old VRAA Proxy. I do love historical F1 cars. However, the VRAA "formula" was very different from this one as it was pretty much a scratchbuilt, brass and piano wire chassis series with lower-powered motors and skinny tires. So, not much technology transfer was possible to this F1 Proxy. And anyway, I didn't do much winning over the ten or so seasons I entered the VRAA (I only organized the final 3). I'd look to Chris Walker's car to set the pace. In my experience, he always builds a great car.

I'm looking forward to seeing how all the cars perform in the opening Qualy session at River Run. :music-rockout:

Stewart
Old23

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:47 pm

A red racer surfed its way up to my mailbox today - Dale (aloha) is in the house:

That's 4 in; 5 with mine, 15 outstanding and 8 days to the target deadline...………………………...

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:38 am

You should have mine possibly as early as Friday. Although the post office in Sebring did say that weather could cause a little delay.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby War Eagle River » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:09 am

War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Three more cars arrived today - here they are:

First up is the Canadian/Floridian car of Chappy; the #12 Honda

Next up is another Florida car; this one from War Eagle River; the #5 Renault

Finally, still another Florida car; this one from Asbestos McQueen; the #87 Mercedes

Seven cars in the house now and all looking race-ready!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:53 pm

Thanks Scott, i will be around until April so i should get the chance.
Right now we are in the middle of buying a place so pretty wrung out, but it should be over in the next 2 weeks. I think its about an hour and a halfs drive.
The Sebring Vintage T/A event goes 28 Feb to Mar 4th, should be good.
Bob
You can text me at 6138482227
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby War Eagle River » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:47 pm

War Eagle River
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Sounds good Scott, hope you have a couple spare cars. My32 scale are all up north still.
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:49 pm

Two more cars showed up in Saturday's mail.

The first if from Josh (manchvegasracer) and has a very nicely detailed Red Bull livery:

The second is from Tony (brumosRSR) and - guess what...…….? It's silver!!

Both cars look ready to race!

That's 10 cars so far; 1/2 the field. So, I'm looking for a big mail week next week...…...

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:42 pm

Hey those cars look fast ...!
Some great builds there and wait til Chris Guy, Allan and the others are in place.
Oh well at least I was in the top 5 of the arrivals
It well be fun.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Sorry, the sticker peeled away when I packaged the car infront of the post office. So it reads Remlap instead Remlap Racing.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Chris' car was the first to arrive; and you're right, it's shaping up to be a very interesting field! Should be fun to run them.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:40 pm

Four more cars arrived today; we're getting there.

The first is from ModernSlots:

Next up a big box of cars; a trio from Canada.

Radarek:

Midagekid1:

BeastLee:

And, I realized that I hadn't put my own car in yet - so, here it is:

This is going to be a fun proxy to follow.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to 2019 Formula 1 Proxy