[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - F1 proxy...Round 10 Toronto

F1 proxy...Round 10 Toronto

Re: F1 proxy...Round 10 Toronto

Postby Rleog » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:28 pm

“ :dance: .... next year buddy, next year ...”

And look who won the proxy had total laps been the critical stat! :auto-swerve:

Or, average finish: :banana-dance: (I’m a podium....I’m a podium!)

Thanks for the great spreadsheet, Todd. It’s always a pleasure pouring over it and going, “What if.”

Next year, next year.

Bob G
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modernslots » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:37 pm

I had a ton of fun with this proxy as I love F-1, and have cars of all vintages, but they have been pretty much just shelf queens. Prepping for this I learned a lot about tuning these finicky cars with Chris's awesome tutorials and plenty of trial and error. At least 4 won't be shelf queens any longer lol!
Thanks to all who hosted and to all the drivers. My club and I enjoyed hosting round 3, and I was going to brag that the results at my track predicted the series winners in correct order, but then Chris's car come on so strong at the end and bumped Dale to 4th. Congrats to Steve, Josh and Chris for finishing the series on top and I hope to enter again next year.
Rob
Modernslots

Postby Beast Lee » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:13 pm

Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:56 am

Chris, thanks to you and your racers for running this final Round for us!

Congrats to the podium finishers - Steve (steeveew), Josh (manchbegasracer) and Chris (chrisguyw)!! :text-bravo:

It was a fun series and a great race for the 3rd podium position! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Remember all the concerns that we had about potential car breakage before the start of this series? - well - it just didn't turn out that way. Yes, we had some decreases in performance and a few bits and pieces showing up on the track, but I get lots of proxy cars back after a full series and there is always a "parts" bag in the box. So, a little softer motors and a few less volts to the rails and things seem to work well for a Modern F1 Proxy - which is good news for everyone who loves these high-tech cars!

And - the new generic Scaley F1 cars didn't really turn out to have any real advantages over the older, more correct cars - so that was a break, too.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby AsbestosMcQueen » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:28 am

Great race, everybody! Much gratitude to all the hosts & participants. Was great to see pics of your home tracks!

Very cool first proxy race experience!

:text-thankyouyellow:

:text-bravo:

:text-coolphotos:
AsbestosMcQueen

Postby GTOking » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:36 am

Thanks to Chris for a great competitive event. Nice pics and race report. Congrats to podiums and to all entrants for their efforts. Nice final race for the season. Thanks to Alan for organizing the season, this is a fun proxy to play in. I do plan to be back for season #2 with an improved piece. Look forward to that, thanks again to all.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:37 pm

Audi1
You can save some postage by returning my SCCA Chappy with my F1 Proxy Renault. Both cars were on the slow side, so they should be home for Christmas. :lol: :text-thankyouyellow:
Old23

Postby Aloha » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Allan same with me
Aloha
Fale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:50 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:02 pm

Allan,
You can hold onto mine until the trans am and can am series is finished.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Chris thanks for catching this for me and for the car review. Really appreciate your extra efforts.
The tire choice was a hard one, like a lot of proxies and i chose badly it appears.
Strange about the front bind though, possibly a result of some racing action.
However all in all it was a great proxy which i hope everyone enjoyed as much as I did.
My thanks to all the hosts, and Chris for picking up my slack.
Hopefully the Canfield Green will be all braid for the next proxy .
Cheers to everyone, and a hope we keep F1 alive in the future proxies.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby GAS41T » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Thanks Allan
Great proxy, congrates to all involved...
Need to find a couple of the older models for next time

Rossko
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to 2019 Formula 1 Proxy