[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - *****Official 2020 F1 Proxy thread!!!*****

*****Official 2020 F1 Proxy thread!!!*****

Re: *****Official 2020 F1 Proxy thread!!!*****

Postby Aloha » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Oh boy the field just got even more competitive!!!! :)
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:30 pm

Okay Zack,
I set up the car. That's a great motor choice for this car BTW. I never liked the Scaley motor in it, Mine tacked out at about 23K, too much.
I'll take #15.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MOV41T » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:48 pm

I’m trying to get me a short wheelbase car....
Put me down please

GAS41T aka MOV41T
ROSSKO
MOV41T

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:03 am

Ok, I bought a Scalextrics McClaren from Austin and am setting it up for this race. I swapped motors to an18 K FF 50, amd added some weight.

What is the deal with the rear bushings? Do these have to remain stock or can they be replaced? I never saw anything in the rules specific to the bushings, so was looking for clarification.

Some photos from last years cars looked like brass bushings were OK to use?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:31 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:52 pm

# 17 for me please.

Cheers
Chris Walker
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Today I spent some time on the BARC livery for the F1 event

Car is basically stock except for

Lower 19 K RPM FF50
Front axle tube
Slotting plus guide.
I needed to add a brass spacer on the rear axle to hold the crown gear in place as the motor shaft was too short
Added lead to end up with a car weight of 84 grams

Glued and trued the stock tires, and the car seems to run OK on my home track. I left the Nylon Bushings in place as the cars is smooth and chatter free. Didn't want to chance breaking the bushing mounts with one more snap in of the bushings. I was surprised how well it ran in this stock set up.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JeremyC » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:02 am

Would this car be eligible for competition?

https://www.scalextric.com/us-en/2018-w ... fw-41.html
JeremyC

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:58 am

1. Scalextric Modern Formula 1 cars; those with the slimline IL motor configuration (2005-2017), but I've also heard that there were some slimline cars offered in the second half of 2004; if you have one of those, it's legal, too

As long as it is running a slimcan motors you are ok. You will have to swap out the factory motor. The factory motors turn about 24000 rpm, and you will want a motor running 18-19000 rpm.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:47 pm

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Please sign me up as this proxy was a blast!!!!!

midgekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:15 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:20 pm

The motor I added to my car was pulled out of my parts and has no markings on it. I checked with an rpm tester and it turns at 19300 rpm. @12 volts So is this going to be Ok?

I saw the spec on the other motors ,and they turn at 18-19K, but the one has twice the torque of the minnow, so if I have to buy one I was thinking of the MTL, although for all I know that is what I have in this car. Is there a way to identify the MTL’s

What did most car runs last year?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:57 am

Zac:

I always use the #15 so sign me up with that number.

Thanks

Tom
midagekid1
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:13 am

Lancelot will enter #7
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!