[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 TransAm Proxy

2019 TransAm Proxy

2019 TransAm Proxy

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:57 pm

Here's a scary idea for you on Halloween night - Trick or Treat...…!!

David Reinecke (dreinecke) and I are going to resurrect the TransAm Proxy that started last February, with just a few changes; here are the highlight points:

1. The field was large for the 2018 TransAm - 46 cars - and although that's a very nice number, it's a handful of cars to try to race with a single crew in a single day. 46 heats is a lot of driving and track time and a lot of hosts simply don't have that kind of time to give. So, to make it a little easier on the host tracks, we're going to split the TransAm up into the Over 2.0 liter (O2) class and the Under 2.0 liter (U2) class and we're going to run them on alternating years. 2019 will be an O2 year.

2. The field will be limited to 25 cars; only one entry per racer

3. We'll shoot for a total of 10 rounds in this race; instead of 7, with the possibility of a single throw-out; more on that as we think it through.

4. The due date for the cars to arrive at the first track (The River Run, Merrimac, MA) will be February 15, 2019.

5. The Registration Fee will be $25.00 per racer and that fee will be due January 1, 2019 - Happy New Year!

6. The Rules will be unchanged for 2019; same as for 2018 (either David or I will publish these Rules on the Registration thread shortly).

That's about it!

Last year we had 25 O2 cars; including several "doubles" from some of the racers, so a cap of 25 racers with a single entry per racer is consistent with keeping everyone who was in the 2018 series and adding another 3-5 new racers.

A lot of you have O2 cars from the 2018 TransAm series which were either returned to you intact, or with some degree of shipping damage. You've had time now to look those cars over and I'll bet that most of you who had damaged cars have already made the necessary repairs. So, on balance, most of you already have cars that are ready to go racing again.

Registration will open shortly and for the first two weeks; until mid-November, preference will be given to racers who submitted an O2 car to the 2018 series. Those who want to be new racers in this 2019 series will be put on a wait list and, as of November 16, if there are still spots (and there definitely will be) then you will be added to the roster on a first-come/first served basis.

So, get ready - its Halloween and we're kicking off the 2019 TransAm Proxy!

David & Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2019 TransAm Proxy

Postby Austin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Oh right, My #8 Firebird has been rebuilt and ready for testing.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:00 pm

Allan and David,

I applaud the changes you are making to this great series! Although my entry output will be greatly cut back this year due to medical reasons, I do have enough 02 pieces to field another A body Barracuda, thus giving me plenty enough lead time on the U2 entry I would like to field in the future....

and Allan, I am home now and still owe you an SCCA Elva.....

Thanks to both of you for giving us a TransAm 2019!!!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Great to see the return of this series. Limit to 1 car. Now which will it be? My cars have been sitting and waiting for this. Will it be the 89 or 42 Cuda? Can I get the Challenger back up to competitive speed. No more procrastination. Will start testing next month. Don't want a motor failure to bite me in the butt like it did for RAA.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:45 pm

Just checked last year the #89 finished the first round in the top 10. 42 lost a gear. Let me retest and make a decision.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:52 pm

I applaud the even / odd year for O2 and U2 cars. Great idea.

O2 it is! :music-rockout:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eightwheels » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:50 pm

Well I am in for one, all ready setup and ready to go. :banana-dance: :banana-dance:
eightwheels
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 pm

Thank you SIR for getting the ball rolling on this for 2019! This proxy means a great deal to me and it pains me that I've had so little time to think about it. I'm in for a car and to host a round.

Thanks again!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ALS » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm in #65. Thanks Adrian ALS
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby docdoom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 pm

69 Camero #78 had it built for the last proxy and missed the entry cut off. just need to swap in a new motor and she ready to go. ok maybe some testing also
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Did some preliminary testing tonight. My #48 Cuda on a Slot.it HRS Chassis turned a very quick 20 laps in 55.87 secs 2.61 fast lap on my oval. The car weighs 90 grams. This is as fast as the top five Forums Cup COY cars, which turned 20 laps between 55-56 secs. This is with a min weight of 104 grams. Now is it geared to high that it will have no brakes on the technical tracks? This car was not sent in to the 2018 start. The #89 Cuda which was sent in is turning 20 laps between 56-57 secs. The #42 has a gear issue that still needs to be corrected from the 2018 start. Picked up the #53 Challenger from the 2016 Pony Car Wars. It runs around 58 secs. This is hauling the mail on my oval. I will be experimenting with lower gear ratios to see if that makes for an easier to handle car on tighter technical tracks. All of these cars are fast. The thing will be how are they at changing directions. Testing to get down to that one car is going to be a challenge. Then I could just put the #48 in a box and call it a day :lol:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:26 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to 2019 Trans Am Proxy