[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - GT3 Proxy_2020_List of Eligible Cars (FINAL)

GT3 Proxy_2020_List of Eligible Cars (FINAL)

Re: Group 5 Proxy - 2020 edition List of Eligible Cars & Rul

Postby F1Fan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Like I mentioned before, NSR is not the only tyre option in this proxy, but it has been popular and the majority of entrants use them. I saw this and thought you might find it helpful.

These are NSR part numbers and wheels.

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:15 am

Is anyone going to provide a little tutorial and the best way to prepare rubber tires for this proxy?

I was planning on submitting a car for qualifying, and just like real racing, I am thinking you pretty much will have to nail this to get out of qualifying

Some help in this regard would be most welcome as I haven’t prepared any before.

I see NSR sells tire oil? Are treatment compounds allowed on the rubber tires ,are they advised?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:23 pm

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:42 pm

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Is the Revoslot Viper actually legal in term of the years of competition? I think the version that Revoslot have modeled is the Oreca car from the late 1990s and early 2000s , not the later version that ScaleAuto and Scalextric have done.

But I have already been wrong once on this topic, so perhaps I am again?

Happy Holidays to all!
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:57 pm

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:10 am

I used some WD 40 on some ninco rubber tires. Seemed to work real well, but after a couple of weeks the tires looked harder than they started. That is one of the reason I am asking. The traction gained by “oiling” might be short lived, and on a long proxy, may even be a problem? Was wondering what others have experienced.

I started preparing a car for this. A Carrera C6 Corvette mated to an anglewinder chassis. Have a Shark 30 on the way for power.

I found some NSR ultra grips and have them on the way for testing, but have been reading that the NSR specials can shorten laptimes by 7-10% so would really like to get my hands on some. Only ones I have found are red. Who stocks these “specials” ?

I like the qualifying concept. An achievement to make the field, and if the car is not competitive, you get it back quick.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:54 am

Barc, I would try Ultras, and Supergrips and be careful with over prepping and oiling as you can produce a tire that performs well for a few laps then send you to the back of the field. I've learned this lesson personally. Also my hope is the "Special" tires are banned as I've run a pair of the grey endurance tires and there's definitely an advantage of 1.6 seconds on an 11 second plastic track my son runs on magnet racing. I can only guess that the new compound will perform just as well or better than the endurance tire.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:31 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:57 am

SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:19 am

[/quote]

Several slot shops are now selling the NSR "reds", and by all means give them a try,..........however, according to the first post in this thread, ALL tires for the 2019 series must be black (thank god).

Merry Christmas
Chris Walker[/quote]

I think that these specials come in black as well. However, do agree that if these are hard to come by they should be banned, IMO. A tire that can increase performance by 10% is a significant advantage if this known advantage is not available to all.

Merry Christmas to all
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tequila Kid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Leave the tires completely open or go to a Spec tire, IMHO.

I come from the Autocross world where banning " special " Tires has been tried for a long time. In reality it doesn't work. And it is almost impossible to Police...unless you do as NSR has done and creates Spec Tires for certain classes. That is why some of the NSR tires are Red or White. They are Spec tires for certain classes and are easily identified as such.

There is always a new Tire that comes out. Who's to say that next year " Slot.It " or Scale Auto doesn't come out with a tire that cleans everyone clock?

Most real race car series in the world only have one Tire manufacturer. For good reason. It's the only way to stop a " Tire War ", keep costs down and create a level playing field.

Not to belabor the point, but I make no secret of the fact I don't like NSR tires. They are too inconsistent in the manufacturing process. You get good batches and bad batches all the time. Sometimes they aren't even round !!! And they can be finicky SOB's.

Thta being said. I would love to see a Spec NSR Tire. Like a 20 x 12 or a 20 x 13 in one compound only. With embossing on the side for easy identification: Like " Group 5 " or " GT3 ". Heck... maybe you could just make them a special color??? Oh wait.... :doh:
Tequila Kid

Postby Tequila Kid » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:03 pm

BTW... I know why the new NSR " Special " tires aren't readily available yet. They were just introduced this Summer. And yes the Red tire is obviuolsy a " Spec " tire. Just like the NSR " White Euro Championship tires ". ... Just being an isht disturber... :angry-soapbox:
Tequila Kid

Postby joe lister » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:28 am

F1Fan,
Some points to ponder:

Slot.it previewed a Maserati Gran Turismo in GT3 spec. It should be released sometime in 2019 and I am sure someone will press for it to be included if it does.

----------------

The Dodge Viper Competition Coupe as modeled by Scalextric raced into 2011 and had a GT3 classification. I really can't see anyone racing one of those behemoths, but for the sake of completeness.

----------------

The previous Ford GT (as modeled by Ninco and to a lesser extent, Scalextric)) raced up until 2015 in GT3 classification. If you are going to disallow the GT-E version, perhaps you might let the Ford fans have this to race.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/suffix/ ... tml?page=8

----------------

I have a question on the exclusion of the Lamborghini Murcielago, it raced (and even won) into 2011 as far as my research shows. You are excluding it by "as not in period", yet you are allowing the Aston Martin DBR9, which also raced (and won) into 2011. Why is that?

http://www.racingsportscars.com/type/ar ... tml?page=6
joe lister

Postby F1Fan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:31 pm

[/quote]

I think that these specials come in black as well. However, do agree that if these are hard to come by they should be banned, IMO. A tire that can increase performance by 10% is a significant advantage if this known advantage is not available to all.

Merry Christmas to all[/quote]

Merry Christmas!

A few comments on this and other post's made about tyres.

I can only make rules that I am able to police and enforce, telling a red or grey tyre from a black is easy, telling a black N22 from a Supergrip, Ultragrip or Thunderslot tyre, not so easy! Even if they have part numbers printed on the sidewall, it is usually sanded away during truing. At this time this proxy will remain mostly open with limited rules, other than the appearance of the cars.

As far as availability goes.....we have entrants from AUS, Japan, Hawaii, Mainland USA and Canada currently in the series. I am unable to say for sure what is available in what country. If I go by what is available in my region, we will be racing on cedar wood tyres! Luckily there is online and global merchants available to us all. I believe Prof. Motor is an importer of NSR products to NA, I will give Oliver a call and see if I can get more details on availability of these new items in NA.

On a side note, that's purely a comment and certainly not intended to offend (please feel free to prove me wrong!) - I would suggest you reconsider a Carerra body for this series. If the complete body & interior weights more than about 18g, it will be hard to build a competitive car for this series - only IMHO!! I think it is hard for people to truly understand how good these cars are. The top 15? cars in this series are some of the best 1/32 plastic body slot cars you have ever seen - they have broken track records on almost all tracks they have raced and you truly need to drive one of these cars to appreciate the quality. For a car to be competitive and run in the top 15 in this series, you need to bring your A++ game!

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019