[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Re: Group 5 Proxy - Round 6 Calgary

Re: Group 5 Proxy - Round 6 Calgary

Postby F1Fan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:35 pm

Don't have FB (so no comment posted) but I am able to watch the video....great coverage and great job driving!
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Re: Group 5 Proxy - Round 6 Calgary

Postby Giddyup » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:50 pm

Last box of cars quallied
Last edited by Giddyup on Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giddyup
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kevan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:52 pm

Kevan

Postby GAS41T » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:16 pm

Best qualifying Result for Me .....

Hope it races good
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:25 pm

Due to family commitments I was not able to watch the whole event, but a big thank you to Tom and the RMR racers for the many hours dedicated to the race today.

From what I was able to watch, the driving and marshaling was excellent.

Qualifying only 400's behind Camber is like a win for me, so I will take it and leave it at that.

These cars continue to impress me and I am amazed at the depth of the field....still the fastest proxy in the world!

Cheers

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:29 pm

Thank You for the qualifying, can't wait to watch as I'm going through withdrawals as I love he live action. I would love to finish where I qualified, but this is an EXTREMLY competitive field. Good luck to all the builders!!
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:54 pm

My money is on F1’s car for the win.
Camber

Postby Giddyup » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:16 pm

Ta da....your results gents!

Apologies for the delay, but we had a very long day of club racing then this...

3rd - Roberto aka CGYRacer who seems to have a penchant for podiuming here? The #10 was what I call a hustle car, down on motor but if you could keep up the speed and she ate up the corners
2nd - Camber, sir that car when I checked it on my track is slot perfection...horses for courses? This is one for every course, of course!
1st - F1Fan - wow, that car loved to be pushed; both Brad and I felt there was still more in her but we didn't want to blow your chances by taking any unnecessary risks...well done!

Chris - Not sure if the track record fell today, if not - it's very close (sorry, don't have last year's proxy results handy)...but I'm sure you''ll check and let us know if you bettered last year's top time ;O)

Cars themselves were VERY GOOD. We were spoiled by the end of it. The top lap times seem to have hit a peak, and I very much doubt there's lower times to be had. But I will say this, the mid-field battle is now epic!

Fairly issue free day with the exception of the issue with Brumos' car having a mechanical breakdown (one braid came full out - think Carrera type bradi with the metal ends). Took me a while to figure out how to get the chassis off the body apart - we restrung the lead wire through the guide and braid end holes and tried to used pressure to secure it (not sure how it would even secure, solder?). Personally, not a fan of that guide. I'll await what F1Fan and yourself want to do with it before it ships. At least the issue happened in your last heat...if that's any consolation?

If there's any questions about handling etc, just post here and I'll do my best over the next few days to respond and decrypt some notes that were taken.

Happy a few people watched the highs and the lows not to mention the effervescent comedic stylings of today's livestream host - the one we call Fozzy Bear. Check Matt out on his summer tour, he will be "playing" at the Tourist Trophy.

Special thanks go out to:
- you the builders, some amazing cars
- Angie who hosted us ALL day and provided lunch
- David aka The Shadow who did yeoman's work qualifying the cars
- the trackmaster and my teammate on yellow, Brad aka Fly Boy who put down some downright nasty lap totals and target times for me to aim for
- AA-Ron, AL-u-miny-um and The Shadow for marshalling all day
- and last but not least, the rest of the motley crew of RMR...the good, the bad and sometimes ugly motley crew of local wannabe racers

The cars are packed and ready for EDM. So Chris, shoot me an email about the Brumos car and the next address and we'll get these babies off to their next destination ASAP.

Thanks again from all of us here, truly a pleasure for us.

Cheers, eh!
Tom
Giddyup
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:59 pm

Thanks for the run guys. Congrats to the podium finishers. Chris congratulation on a great finishing spot.
May I please ask if car 4 had a mechanical issue in the blue lane in the first set of two minutes of that heat? Basically the car looked like it was completely out of control with so many offs. Please let me know if there is an issue as I do not think any of the drivers were not on top of their game where the car would drop 3 laps to the field.
Thank you
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:16 pm

Fastest lap last year was 5.13 s in the yellow lane by Camber.....so yes F1Fan came close to beating that record. Thanks Calgary for the round, well done! Congrats to F1Fan and Camber for the excellent results!

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jimmyslots1950 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Thanks for the round Tom,drivers & marshals,very happy with 6th on a very twisty track.
Happy with my lap times but no where near the top guns,Go Camber.
jimmyslots1950

Postby Camber » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:31 am

Seems my fortune cookies and tea leaves didn't let me down, well done Chris and good to see Rob up on the podium. Thanks to all the Calgarians for hosting the round, nice looking track.
3 Aussies in the top 10, nice. Go Pacific.
Camber

Postby GAS41T » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:04 am

Thanks guys for a great Round of Racing
Congratulations to the podium getters
Very happy with my car, I was actually thinking how can I make a faster car then
this one.....3rd fastest in qualifying & 3rd fastest lap in the Race WOW
I think a tad more weight
Could be the option + Balance

ANYWAYS THANKS
Rossko
Pacific Pacific
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:14 am

Oh boy. We’ll never hear the end of this. F1Fan with a big win! Congrats to the podiumites and thanks for hosting.
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Kevan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:15 am

Was watching until way past midnight...will watch the rerun after work... thoroughly enjoyed the live feed, it's what I love about this particular proxy. :music-rockout:
Kevan

PreviousNext

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019