[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Group 5 Banner Presentation, Awards & Car Returns

Group 5 Banner Presentation, Awards & Car Returns

Group 5 Banner Presentation, Awards & Car Returns

Postby Cgyracer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:44 am

Well deserved Cam.....very well done. You are a valued member of this Proxy and a fantastic builder. Thank You!!

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Group 5 Banner Presentation

Postby F1Fan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 am

Elite company and great looking banner!

Impressive, especially the repeat winners, then there is Heli_ca, who came, conquered, andthen promptly left

Do you perhaps have the 2nd and 3rd place finishers for these years?.........??
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 am

Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:26 am

Really quick ....I know the last 4 years worth:

2019 1-Camber 2-F1Fan 3-Cgyracer
2018 1-Camber 2-F1Fan 3-Smokeio
2017 1-Heli_ca 2-Gascarnut 3-Cgyracer
2016 1-Gascarnut 2-F1Fan 3-Audi1[/quote]

YEAH, I am a winner.....with the most 2nd place finishes :D

I think it is time to change from my bridesmaid dress into the wedding dress!!
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:37 am

You need to spend more time on your cars!
Time to get serious!
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Camber » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:27 am

Thanks to everyone who put in a huge effort to host the proxy racing this year, special mention to Chris and Rob for their professional organisation of the series :text-thankyouyellow: Kind of sad to see the Group 5 cars end but I'm sure the GT3 cars will be a blast next year. Didn't expect the old Plafit 3300 to perform as well as it did, there were some interesting chassis setups when the bodies came off.

Shout out to team Pacific, well done on taking out the regional win :music-rockout: The Aussie and Hawaiian comrades built some fastastic cars this year and should be proud of that achievement.

Bring on next year, no doubt there will be some great battles and fabulous racing in 2020 :text-bravo:
Camber

Re: Group 5 Banner Presentation & Awards Ceremony

Postby F1Fan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:03 pm

It is time for the official awards ceremony....I will give you a few minutes to get changed into your tux!

No expense was spared, here is our entertainment for the night....

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:43 pm

A series like this can only happen with the support of many, so our first award of the night goes to the many hosts, drivers, marshals and the behind the scenes coffee makers and pizza bakers. Thank you for opening your homes and tracks to our series, it takes more effort & time than most will realize, thank you ALL!

I may be the "front" person for this series, but without the support of Rob I can assure you this event will not happen, thank you CGYRACER!

During this past year, we posted on two forums, and later we shifted our focus to HRW, thank you to Harry and the "team" at HRW for accepting us so graciously and giving me moderator privileges, this was extremely helpful in continuing the "flow" of our series.

Without participation on the forum the series would only be a few cars running in silence behind the scenes...thank you all for posting and and sharing your comments.

The award for Supporter of the Year goes to.......BRUMOSRSR - even when the tyres (tires) on his wagon exploded :o he was happy to post and support. Thank you Tony!!
Honorable mention goes to Kevin The "Isle of Man" - even without a horse in the race, he moved from the original forum to HRW to support our series - hopefully we will see you join (with a car) our series soon!

Time for the Results!

Rookie of the year....Jimmyslots...what the heck, where did you come from...a land down-under?? Nice job James

3rd Place - the amazing car #10 - voted "the car we would like to keep and drive every day" - amazing build CGYRacer

2nd Place - "Mr. 2nd Place" - some you win, but mostly you come 2nd....F1FAN

1st Place - last year's champion came back this year , this time just to prove a point, with a chassis we can all buy, and did the repeat..."we hate him, but we like to be him" all the way from Down-Under....Mr. Camber!

Team Award...team Pacific, amazing job from the Australian guys with fantastic support from the Hawaiian boys....(the reason for getting Jack Johnson to play this evening) Congratulations, well deserved!

Congratulations to you all!

The final award of the night goes to "Host of the Year".......but first another song from our musical guest..Mr. Jack Johnson...

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:22 pm

Team Pacific requested one more song from their "Island", after this, I will announce the winner of the "host of the year" award...

F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:34 am

Congrats Camber. What an outstanding performance!
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:14 am

And another voice - congrats to Camber, F1Fan and cgyracer on their podium finishes! Well done, gents!!

Thanks for organizing the event, Chris, not so easy to do and pull off successfully year after year...…...ask me how I know...…… haha!

GT3 cars in the background - now moving to the foreground?

Just an editorial FYI. The chassis on my car this year was the same as on the 3rd place car in 2016. Yup, I ran out of time with my SCCA entry and some other ones and at the last minute I grabbed an older polystyrene chassis, dropped in a new motor/pod, trued up some rears, painted a new body and - that was my entry this time around. Tuning - haha! Not really. I say all this only to emphasize that the game really has upped itself each year, as a 3rd place car 4 years ago is barely a top-20 car this year...………. Good show, everyone!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:40 am

....and finally for the 3rd time in a row, Rob(CGYRacer) and his KSCC buddies won the Host of the Year award....again!

Congratulations! (due to budget, and the fact you already have two expensive trophies, you can expect something much smaller this year... :D !)

I will order the awards this weekend (Canada Day long weekend here) and start to pack cars. Cars without an award will start shipping this coming week.

Thanks again for your participation and support!

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SuperSlab » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:05 pm

Congrats to Rob and team! Well earned recognition indeed. I am looking forward to seeing the track in real life: I will be up in Kelowna the weekend of Aug. 5 so I would love to come pay my respects... if you are not camping Rob!

Alwyn
SuperSlab
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:08 pm

Chris and to all others involved in this proxy thank you for a great year it was fantastic. I (we) islanders love your choice in music. To the winners and special award recipients congratulations. Camber, CG Racer and F1Fan have set the bar very high. Best of luck to all on their GT3 builds for the future. I know for one it is a different animal and will be interesting to see what the field looks like.
Enjoy, have fun and most of all keep playing with toy cars it keeps all of us young at heart.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Congratulations Sir Camber on setting ground breaking history in the Group5. Sir F1, incredible proxy that I consider the start of racing season and congrats on your brides maid finish. CgyRacer you're in an elite class for consistency. To the other great builders hopefully you still have your hair as we will have a chance to compete again soon. Audi1 will return to normal, Gascarnut is returning and Sir ChrisGuyW has been very quiet and you can never count out #27. Meanwhile SteveeW, DRW21 and a few rookies have been running well in proxies across the globe. I only hope I'm one of the SUPER 24 to compete in November.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Group 5 Proxy 2019