[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 DaVols Forums Cup Rules

2019 DaVols Forums Cup Rules

The legendary proxy race.

Re: 2019 DaVols Forums Cup Rules

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:12 pm

So I got my first set of Super Tires on my Scalextric NASCAR and they are great!
One problem, I ordered what said were for Scalextric NASCAR (including COT) but these are a little wide. #1101RU was what I ordered.

as you can see in the overhead photo they stick out past the wheel well. Anybody know which model tire I should have ordered?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:32 pm

That car looks sharp!

That tire is wider than the wheels, it’s what they make.

You can always take a steady xacto and trim the sidewalk off the outside while the tire is spinning. I have done this a few times, especially when the sidewalk won’t clear the inside of the quarter panel
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Just paid for my 3 entries, will get them sent next week after some more weekend testing, so far so good
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:17 pm

I thought we had to run the 1400 series tires.
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:21 pm

Yes , that’s what I thought was in the rules
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:31 pm

From page one...
Tires: Rear, Super Tire Urethane, sized for the stock wheel or for 15x8 CB Design wheels use the 1400 series tires. Front, stock or aftermarket allowed. Zero grips allowed. Glued and trued tires allowed. Front tires must contact the track while car is in the slot and tires must roll when given a test push. Front tire coating with any substance is not allowed.

Your correct that is what it says, but i cant figure out what 1400 series tire fits on the Scalextric stock wheel. Also, I thought the 1400 were silicone?
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:41 pm

It says on the super tire site that if it is in yellow that you can get the tire in silicone or urethane.
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:51 pm

Your car looks really nice. Scott said cut them down, So it must be OK to do.
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Thank you REL, i'm happy with how it turned out.

These were in yellow, the part number was 1101R-YD which I assume means Yellow Dog.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:32 pm

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Mike,
Good looking car from the Bow-Tie camp. Hopefully you will be seeing the rear bumper of my Dodges.
Welcome to the party.

The rounded sidewalls on the YDs does make it a challenge for some cars. The SCX Dodges have a narrower rear than both their Ford and Chevy. I altered the chassis to move the rear wheels inboard a bit. Caused the chassis to have too much flex. I will be building new chassis this year for both of my COY cars. The stock wheels and tires on the SCX Dodge also show the tire slightly outside of the fender. Previous directors let this slide. I guess we will have to abide by the new race directors interpretation of the rules. Better get started on mine. Decals ordered on Monday. The 30th will be here before you know.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Arrold, as a former director of the DaVols Forum Cop Proxy I never had to let any car slide on the tire width rule and to my knowledge since I have been involved (2013) no other director let it slide either. So you must be talking prior to 2013? Anyway, nice looking #31 COY that needs and will receive a slight tire adjustment, I'm sure. DaVols Forum Cop Proxy has a history of rules compliance and Scott K. has and will continue that tradition.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:58 pm

And as is typical, if the car does come in outside compliance all efforts will be made to correct it before the season begins.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:13 pm

I was successful in trimming the tires as was suggested. I will post photos later.
Mounted the rear axle in my tire razor and a fresh blade in my xacto knife and went pretty quick.

I personally wish they made a tire just a little bit narrower than what the have. I will say first impression is the car was better with the wider tire. (Shocking, I know).
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series