[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Build Thread

2019 Build Thread

The legendary proxy race.

2019 Build Thread

Postby arroldn » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:13 pm

COY #42 Replaced motor with H&R Hawk. Tightened up the chassis and scuff the old tires.
20 Lap Qualifying times 1.00.02 Fast lap 2.80
60 Laps 3.02.00 Fast lap 2.95. This is .43 Secs slower than the slowest 2018 COY Piranha powered car and .58 Secs slower than the fastest. So for an 18K powered motor I would say this isn't bad at all. My 18K 2017 TransAm Pioneer power Camaro turned 20 laps in 1.01.05 Fast lap 3.03 Secs. Now how will this compare to everyone else is the question.

Things I haven't done that gave my TransAm cars a drop of 1-2 Secs: Change the tires and the braid. So for the first test session I am satisfied.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: 2019 Build Thread

Postby Pepsi62 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Mine are going in the mail today, will see how they compare to the rest of the field

COY #40 Dodge, H & R Hawk glued in with adaptor, 9 / 27 gearing, standard rear axle, stock wheels all round, 1601 YD rear( trued)
stock fronts (trued) bit of weight in front of pod, weighed in at 100gm

COY #57 Chev, H & R Hawk, glued with adaptor, 10/27 gearing, standard rear axle stock wheels all round, 1601 YD rear (trued)
stock fronts ( trued) weight in front of pod weighed in 100gm

COT #17 Ford Fusion, Amato chassis, slot it 1mm offset inline long can pod, slot it flat 6R (red 22K), 10/28 slot it gears, sloting plus guide, CB Design 15 x 8 all round, slot it axles, 1404 YD rear (trued), stock scx fronts trued, bit of weight to get it up to 104gm

all 3 seemed to go ok, the flat 6 may be a touch overpowered, probably a yellow can 20,500 would be sufficient

its going to a fun proxy to watch and hopefully the cars are all close
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:24 am

I’m really falling behind! Been busy preparing for the Michigan 24, and neglected the DaVols cars. I get very busy at work over the next month as well... really need to push to get my COY cars done
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:39 am

I am not near ready.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:12 am

I am somewhat ahead of schedule! Fine tuning three cars and one new build about to start. The past two years I was thrashing up until ship time. Not this year!
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Update #42 New braids and scuff the tires 20 laps 57.91 fast lap 2.68. So new braids dropped 1 sec in 20 laps and dropped .1 in fast lap time. Next new tires. But these look like they only have 1 season on them at 19.7-19.9 mm. I will test with new skins on some new wheels and see if there is any improvement.

Ran last years #43 with the Piranha it clocked 20 laps in 58.96 secs fast lap 2.77. But it is 6 grams heavier. Now last year it qualified with a 56.82 time 2.67 fast lap. Can't explain the slow down. It will get a Gator motor for testing. So the Hawk motor is slightly faster than my Piranha powered car on my little short track.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:00 am

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:18 am

I haven't ran timed laps yet but my first finished COY with the Hawk motor feels like it may equal or better the lap times the same car ran with the Piranha motor. The car did receive a new setup with the weight reduction to 98g and I did buy 6 Hawks to add to the 4 I had onhand in hopes of finding 1 or 2 that would run. I'm also concentrating on more of an oval setup as opposed to last year where I tried to compromise between oval/road course setups. My new build COY will be a Scaley with a Gator motor. Starting on it today.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Ken,
I too am leaning to a more oval setup. With only four road-courses I'll take my chances. If the paint arrives on time the COY #43 will have a new body and a new paint scheme. It got a new chassis last year. The #42 may move from SCX to Scaley. Right now I am not pleased with the way the Scaley is running as geared. If I can't get the performance it will remain an SCX. My COT cars are driving me crazy. My #12 qualified 4th and finished 5th here last year. The #2 was a turd. But throughout the proxy they did not perform well. The 25K Slot.it is still cranking over 25K but it must be in chassis setup that has got it now being a mid to bottom feeder. The SCX Pro Chassis if I use it will have the SCX Motor replaced with either a 25K Piranha or a Slot.it Boxer or Flat 6. The Carrera with the H&R 26K seems flat. Not sure what is going on with me COT cars. Got to get them dialed in.
Tonight new rubber on the SCX 42 and work on the Scaley COY to see if I can get it in range.
New tires no change.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:28 am

GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:52 am

both looking good Rossko, A Gator in the COY car, what gearing?
I was thinking of using a Pro chassis, for COT couldn't get the flat 6 to fit well in the original pod, thought about a slotit orange endbell with adaptor or chopping it and fitting a slotit pod, but decided on an Amato chassis with Inline long can pod and flat 6 R 22K

Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:55 am

my 2 COY entries

Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:39 pm

A Gator in the COY car, what gearing?

Yes, my gearing is 11/36

Rossko
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:15 am

Well I thought I was sending in my #31 COT entry this week until I ran into a potential gear catastrophe. Turns out While it works to use a slot it 11 tooth gear with the stock Scalextric sidewinder rear axle setup ,there is too much play and a good chance to strip the gear.
Ordered new slot it gears late last night, so now I have to go with the CB Design wheels and proper Super tires. Glad I caught when I did or that would have been embarrassing. :oops:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:56 am

OK, car is off to the race. :D

Some last minute gear changes, which was more involved than I expected but I think it will run.

Slotting Plus Guide, Slot it gearing 12/35 (yeah I'm trying something different for me)
CB Design rear wheels and Super Tires for rear.

She is a little overweight, but I think it'll stay planted. Fingers crossed for mid pack ad best. :)
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series