[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DFCP 2019 - Race 1 No-Way... Speedway

DFCP 2019 - Race 1 No-Way... Speedway

The legendary proxy race.

Re: DFCP 2019 - Race 1 No-Way... Speedway

Postby ALS » Tue May 14, 2019 7:52 am

Well Scott not a good start shot my self in the foot . Hope the tires work there self if not im in TROUBLE. Nothing different than last but a bigger motor. My poor judgment tires tires ,tires. Thanks Adrian ALS
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue May 14, 2019 11:13 am

Just checking in. Thanks for getting this started. Looked at posting of times last year for COT and cars were slower. Was there a change in voltage?
Good luck to all and most importantly may drivers, marshals and participants have fun!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:42 am

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue May 14, 2019 2:08 pm

That is a big drop for COT cars. Like said must have been a different lane. You think :think:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Race 1 in the books. Race 2 will be run this Sunday in Cortland NY.
We were unable to have any video or pictures due to a limited crew of 5 people to run the race.
I will post a full recap sometime tomorrow evening.

I did get to scuff some of the fresh tires and that really brought those cars alive. There were a few gear issues throughout both fields. I will be looking at those cars in the next 2 days.

Original plan was for myself to drive the cars to Cortland and help the CNY Slot Cars club, but life has a way of changing my plans... if we didn’t have mechanical issues I would have shipped them. Looks like I will drive them up before Sunday...
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Tue May 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Thanks Scott for your time and sportsmanship my hats of to the Podium Winners and the team of driver's Thanks Adrian
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:29 am

thanks to the host and team for getting race 1 done, look forward to seeing the results and hoping to see an improvement from all 3 cars
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed May 15, 2019 7:26 am

Scott,
Thanks to you and all who helped with round one. Looking forward to seeing the results when I get back home tonight. Hopefully the Dodge Boys made some moves forward.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:42 pm

With race 1 in the books, everyone is itching to hear about how it went... Well, a little bit of a frustrating evening for us. About 4 heats into the COT race, and we had some major computer problems... I attribute it to the fossilized remains we were using for lap counting. (there is a reason Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP) We switched over to my laptop, which took a little longer than I would have liked and continued on our merry way! This did cause a small issue in that we did not get accurate fast lap for the COT class, and had to revert to an overall MEDIAN lap time. This actually shows a better picture as to how drivable a car was vs the average lap time (which can be computed by total time / 100 laps)

Enough of my rambling, and on to the details.

BWatkins37 hosted our opening round again this year, but some necessary maintenance duties required his attention so he helped marshall when he could, but we were on our own most of the night. We had some of our usual suspects at No-Way... Speedway. Dave Kennedy was in Red lane, Clem (wrlw) was in the White lane, I was in the Blue lane, and Tony J (slotboogie) took care of the yellow lane as well as track call duty if the need arose. It was a small crew this time, with only 5 of us. I want to thank all of our builders for sending in your cars and keeping this series STRONG!

Here are my comments on each car, I would jot them down in between heats
COT
84 - Good grip, low gearing
22 - loose, but still drive-able, good acceleration
21 - will break tracking easily, have to slow down to go fast!
12 - FAST in a straight line, not much brakes
5 - smooth
45 - great feel, balanced
18 - sets up for a dirt track corner under breaking (rear slides to the right)
99 - solid car, good grip
9 - easy to drive, couldn't push it around the 2 inside lanes
7 - all around good car
4 - corners well
83 - lightish breaking, planted through corners
80 - loose
37 - very torquey
88 - quick, darty
17 - very loose on acceleration
81 - feels good, needs speed
82 - crunchy gears

COY
17 - Could not get power down
40 - good feel, probably needs gearing
31 - much better than Q run, scuffed tires helped
26 - loose on acceleration
43 - good straight line speed, needs handling
10 - good cornering grip
97 - corners well, needs speed
99 - solid car
5 - quick, can get loose easily
8 - FAST!
83 - handles well, gearing too tall
9 - car had a gearing issue, method to space crown gear slipped
57 - decent feel, could use a little speed
21 - feels good
42 - did not handle well
6 - consistent
2 - a little loose
25 - felt "above" the track
84 - crunchy gears
62 - lack of speed

With that out of the way, its time for what everyone has been waiting for! RESULTS!
Also, We have the . The backdrop will be traveling with the cars for the winner of each race to get their picture in front of.

GTOKing and bopalou, I apologize as I switched your cars in the podium picture.

Congratulations to my fellow podium finishers! This is a solid group of cars, and the competition is close. I am very excited to get the cars off to the rest of the race hosts.

Next race, Race 2 will be in Cortland, NY at Jax Trax Speedway. Jax Trax was a new venue last year at the end of the season. It provided for a few points races to be decided on track!
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm

I will work on cars with mechanical issues tomorrow evening. I will be in touch if any work needed to be done.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Wed May 15, 2019 8:21 pm

Scott,
Thanks to all who helped you kick off the season. Congratulations to our podium and top five finishers. UM I made the top five. 8-) This is the second attempt with the #45 Carrera COT. It last ran in 2017. I hope it does better this year. It was 2 secs quicker in testing with no major changes. Five seconds off the pace of Scott is forever in Slot racing. Hope it does better at the other tracks.
My COY cars are 25 secs off the pace man that is light years :think:

Man what on earth happened to Ken's #9 Dodge Dealers Charger?

Thanks for the comments, Scott. Again hats off to some of the finest builders in slot car racing. On to the next venue. 8-)

:text-thankyouyellow:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Wow, I’m surprised by a 5th place after the qualifying for COY 31. Especially after the issues I had with my original build of the car.
It’s amazing how the scuff of the tire helps so much, that’s awesome.
Very interested to see how it goes moving forward.
Cheers to all our podium finishers! :auto-checkeredflag:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Wed May 15, 2019 11:18 pm

Thanks for the run guys. Great to get this event started. Really a great recap of the event and the comments on the cars is great feedback.
Would like to see how the COY cars spec out for rpm to the rear wheels.
Congratulations to everyone podiumites
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 am

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Thu May 16, 2019 6:03 am

Dale,
This is what my COY cars are turning
#42 Hawk Gear Ratio 2.40 RW RPM 7414 Motor RPM 17,793 per Gigi App 19,783
#43 Hawk Gear Ratio 2.50 RW RPM 7649 Motor RPM 19,122 per Gigi App 19,218

Not sure why the motor rpm for the #42 is not as close when multiplying as the App registers.Times are at 12 Volts.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series