[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DFCP 2019 - Race 1 No-Way... Speedway

DFCP 2019 - Race 1 No-Way... Speedway

The legendary proxy race.

DFCP 2019 - Race 1 No-Way... Speedway

Postby k0z0oo1 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:59 pm

As the cars are arriving and tech inspection is wrapping up we set our eyes on Race 1!!! A few details that were captured during tech have been taken care of and all cars that are here appear to be ready to compete at this time.

Once I have a scheduled race date I will post here, as well as any past race data I can dig up. I also plan to have some supplemental stuff as in the past, possibly Facebook live or similar.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DFCP 2019 - Race 1 No-Way... Speedway

Postby Pepsi62 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:01 pm

Excited for this series to get underway
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Race will be Tuesday May 14th, approximately 7 PM. I will post in this thread when possible, and may be live on Facebook (DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series group). Last year we streamed most of the race, I’ll see what we can do again.

No-Way... Speedway is a 14x5’ routed oval. Surface is black malamine/laminate, and it is very easy to glaze over the tires if there is some wheel spin. If the driver can keep the wheels gripping the track is quick, but it can be slick by the end of the run. Tire management is key!

Track voltage is 10V, and we run a European round robin rotation, so your car never races next to the same car heat to heat.

Check out the post with pics of all the cars. I will be updating it with which motor was used so everyone can keep notes st home.

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Sat May 11, 2019 2:52 pm

nice oval track, should be fun watching the Nascar groups fly around it
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:50 pm

I was able to get over to No-Way... Speedway for a few hours this evening. BWatkins37 and I did a shakedown on the track and the cars, and we even managed to get qualifying in!!!

A few things to note...
This track is different from what most of us are used to. The surface typically favors well prepped tires, and that was even more evident tonight. A few cars were shipped in without having been trued at all, and boy did the handling of those cars show it!!

There were a few cars that had some mechanical issues,
COT 4 - Guide flag broke, I will replace it tomorrow prior to the race
COT 5 - Pinion gear stripped all the teeth off! Also, the crown gear appears to have gotten some damage. This will be repaired as well

Now, without any further ado... the qualifying results
ImageImage

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Congratulations to the TQs for each class, BWatkins37 and Thunderbolt!
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Also, due to the why this track loathes "fresh" tires, I will scrub the tires on any car that has the new tire shine on the contact patch. This will provide for better racing and better cars to drive.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Mon May 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Very surprised my COT 22 was that far off the pace. That car ran consistently within a couple of hundredths of my COT 9 on my track. I could see a couple of tenths but 8 tenths? Very surprised. Also concerned about the pinion on COT 5, that car was perfect when it left the shop. COY Q results, hmmmm....very interesting.

Thanks for the efforts to get qualifying in and good luck to all entrants in the race :auto-driving:
Last edited by GTOking on Mon May 13, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 pm

I agree on tire prep
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Mon May 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Top 5 in both classes VERY HAPPY DOWN UNDER !!!!

Let the race begin.....

Rossko
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Scott,
Thanks to you and the guys who made qualifying possible. Man Gas41T jumps in and puts both cars in the top 5 in both classes. Way to go. Shouldn't be any surprise there. His #99 COY blasted into the field last year taking 3rd place overall. Well we will just have to see how the cars race. Hopefully my cars can move up in the pack. Nice looking group of cars. I see some of the older Scaleys with two body mount post vs four. I couldn't get my 4 post Scaley Ford to do squat. Surprised to see my lower geared #43 ahead of my #42 in COY. Glad to see my #45 in the top 10 of COT. Ken I'm with you. Not like one of your cars being so far off the pace. Looking forward to race day.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:31 am

Ken, the 5 COT is very strange... I have had a personal car strip the teeth off a pinion before as well. I didn’t get a good count, but I believe it was 11/27 gears? Maybe the thinness of the 11 tooth pinion couldn’t handle the torque from the flat 6s motor :think:

Here are pictures of the damage...
5 COT
4 COT
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 am

Thanks for getting Qualry done, hope the race goes a little better.
Happy with Q10 in COY for car 57, Car 40 not so great ,but not a great deal in the lap times for the middle runners

COT, Q13 and not as quick as the Hawk powered cars, very interesting, tyres maybe? Pretty sure I trued them
so we look forward to having a better race car
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 am

Scott, What is up with my COY 17, under powered, was not handling? REL13
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:28 am

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!