[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DFCP 2019 - Race 2 Jax Trax Raceway

DFCP 2019 - Race 2 Jax Trax Raceway

The legendary proxy race.

DFCP 2019 - Race 2 Jax Trax Raceway

Postby k0z0oo1 » Sun May 19, 2019 7:01 am

Some of you may already know, I went to Jax Trax Raceway friday evening to help Dave get Race Coordinator set up, and help them get qualifying completed. Tom did the qualifying in the green lane (most inside.) Track was set at 10.5V and I will attest that Tom did a great job driving each entry to the best of his ability on the most difficult lane at the track. Do not let these qualifying times discourage you, as it may not be the whole story for this track.

The few cars I did run, track grip level was good. A well balanced car with the right gears is what this track likes. Personally, my cars may be geared a little too tall for this one...

SO, here's the qualifying times...
ImageImage

I believe Tom will likely have some photos to share of the event, likely on Facebook. I will post/link them here.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: DFCP 2019 - Race 2 Jax Trax Raceway

Postby forzacavallino » Sun May 19, 2019 1:39 pm

Thanks for the update. Have fun!
forzacavallino

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun May 19, 2019 4:10 pm

Okay, yes, I'm interrupting a thread. This topic title jumped out at me. This story is what guys like Bruce were all about. Its important that people know about this. This is what America was before all the hateful nonsense:

When I was a boy on the Gulf Coast (MS & LA), hurricanes would occasionally hammer us into the stone age. When that happened, as we were gathering up our lives for each other from all over the place, making piles in front of what was left of houses, the biggest scare was that in the humid heat we had no clean water, and the exhausting work really made water an emergency 24 hours a day. Each time the hurricanes hit, there were two heroes that came to our rescue, time and time again. JAX Beer, the big brewery on Jackson Square in the heart of downtown New Orleans, canned fresh water for us by the hundreds of thousands of gallons and drove the water to us, even if they had to go hundreds of miles out of their way around wreckage and busted highways, and always free of charge. The little old ladies found that the drivers would carry cases of water on 2 wheel trucks all the way to their homes. One guy put three cases and me on his 2 wheeler and brought us both home when I was very young. Lots of people would just stand there and cry while the water was being handed out. When one truck was empty another showed up soon after, needed or not. The other hero was Mennonite Beef. This religious group quietly just slipped in and left hundreds of cases of cans of tasty canned beef in front of houses all over town. Our town was tiny, backed up against the bayou on the north and the beach along the south. But both of these outfits found us, sought us out without our calling for them (even if the phones had worked), and saved us time and time again.

Resume racing results, please. It just had to be said.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby k0z0oo1 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:32 pm

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun May 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Man my COT cars must have run into a brick wall. Surprised with the #42 COY but glad the #43 cracked the top ten. Congratulations to all those who qualified in the top ten. Well lets see how they raced. :think:

Well well lookie there in COY: Sadco Racing. New comers are leading the pack: Steve, Zcarfan, Thunderbolt, manchvagesracer :D
Also in COT ALS second year and newcomers Lee Thorndyke . Way to go juys. :)

Where is my Chassis Engineer? I think he may be replace for 2020 :violin: Maybe its time for me to retire Team Martin :?: :lol:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:43 am

I will post full results when I get them
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:00 pm

Q15 for COT, once again, hoping it's a better race car
Q13 and Q16 for the COY, only .4s off the lead time! better race cars???? we will see. Looking forward to seeing the results
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:22 pm

OK... I have some results, at least for the COY class. I little misunderstanding about what files I needed for the COT race, and hopefully it is recoverable... I believe so, just waiting to receive another email from Dave.

Here's the COY results. I will post the COT Slot Car Corner Winner's Podium photos as well, and update this post with the COT results once i get them.

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Mon May 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Looks like the driver in the green lane didn't get along with my COY 9, it was right there with the winner on the other lanes, faster in two lanes than the winner. And the driver in the red lane must have really hated my COY 25. 41 seconds off the winner's time, must have been a bunch of offs or something, not that it would have made a difference for the 25.
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GTOking » Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 pm

And how does the Sadco #10 COY go from the pole with a 4.1 lap to a race fast lap of 4.6? Seriously?
GTOking
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon May 20, 2019 10:29 pm

Thanks to our host at Jax Trax Raceway and all who participated in running this round. Congratulations to our podium finishers and winner wrlw. Lucky to get a top ten. GTO King I'm shocked to see the results for my friend Steve "Sadco Racing" finish on the bottom as well. On to race number 3.

Do I really want to see the COT results???? :roll:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby GAS41T » Mon May 20, 2019 11:50 pm

Thanks to the Crew that hosted the round....
That hurts , my coy result...But I came in 3rd if I’m correct in COT.....
Congratulations to the podium getters....
Thanks Scott for posting results

Rossko
GAS41T
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:49 am

k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:58 am

Also to add, I am greatful for everyone involved with this proxy from entrants to hosts, some of which do not have cars entered themselves. This is a very competitive group and it shows through the the statements and questions for ever race.

Ken asked about the wheels on the 99 COT on Facebook, but I will answer here as well. I do not know the brand, but I did have to swap the tires when the car arrived. I did measure them to make sure they are the correct size (15x8.) While we do have a “wheels rule” I felt this was an area we could bend a slight bit... there are a couple cars with the CBDesigns “steel wheels” also, which I was OK with as wel.
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sadco racing » Tue May 21, 2019 7:53 am

Well I sure musta had another brain fart to leave a magnet in that car. I cant even recall where the magnet goes in them old chassis. Sorry about that. If thats a DQ type thing surely pull that car outta the mix.

Steve
sadco racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to DaVols Forums Cup Proxy Series