[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Can-Am Proxy - Rules & Registration Thread

2019 Can-Am Proxy - Rules & Registration Thread

Re: 2019 Can-Am Proxy - Rules & Registration Thread

Postby F1Fan » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:31 am

Morning Allan

I notice that the rules require the cars to be opened and photographed prior to the event, can consideration be given to perhaps do this at the end of the series?

As you know setting up the car with just the right amount of body float and making sure the screws stay in place during the series is a key part of tuning the car, and removing the screws is a concern. I can't think of any scrutineering reason, but even so, the results can always be adjusted if anything is found to be an issue at the final inspection with the body removed.

For your kind consideration.

Thanks

Chris #7
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:18 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:57 am

Hi Chris and Zach, That section of the Rules also includes the language: "if needed". The if needed situation arises when there is something that may be odd about the car that the organizer feels needs closer inspection. I don't, routinely, open cars unless there looks to be a need. The other reason for opening them is to perform repairs. So, they need to be openable, but they will not be opened during this series unless there is an apparent need.

I, too, am sensitive to what's involved in tuning a slot car for racing.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:57 pm

DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:18 am

Wow that looks amazing!

Zack :o
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 am

Hmmm, yup - and it won't be slow either...…………... ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:17 am

Wow!!! That's a hot looking car!
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:16 am

Allan, You should have a nice little surprise in your mailbox when you get home today!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:17 pm

Allan,
Please change car number to 21. Will hit the hauler this weekend.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:13 am

OK, Arrold.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Fri May 03, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi Audi1. Really looking forward to this event (results/reports and photos) as my recollection was it included non-Canam cars previously but I could be thinking of another USA event.

I would be keen to enter my Revell McLaren M6a in future as the NZ event is no longer being run after about 7 years. I competed in all but the first. While the M6a is non-podded and only about 53mm wide it competed pretty well with NZ field.

Good to see Kiwi Dave West entered so that will add to interest.

Best of luck with series.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx).

PS. Have just been looking at other Canam posts. See my Lotus 30 that is currently running in another USA proxy at moment is also eligible. Also have an unused resin M12 body so there are plenty of possibilities.
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby Audi1 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:36 am

We'll pick you up next year, Chas.

Some Lotus 30's ran CanAm, but the Lotus 40 would be your real CanAm car.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:27 pm

Having had a bit of time to take a good look at the cars ahead of Round 4 this weekend, I want to bring up a few things for discussion.

As much as these Proxies are intended to be fun competition between friends, I think that the rules need to be respected. I checked all the cars, just out of interest, and this is what I found:

1: The second body rule requires "Drivers head, shoulders, arm, steering wheel and dash, and a roll bar". One car was entered with no roll bar, and 3 do not have a dash.

2: The 3rd rule stated "Entrant's name must be noted on underside of the car...": There are four cars with no name underneath

3: the 4th rule requires "Car numbers (note the plural) must be unique...: There is one car that carries only one number.

4: The 6th rule states "Clear window material must be present...": There is one car with no screen, and it is not missing, it was probably never installed.

5: The 3rd chassis rule requires "1.0mm minimum clearance": There are two cars that already are very close to not clearing 1.0mm after only 3 rounds, so by the end of the series they will in all likelihood not conform.

6: The 4th chassis rule States "Guide must be entirely under body and not visible when viewed from above.": There is one car that does not comply.

7: The 2nd Wheels rule states: "Wheels must have period inserts or look reasonably period for the car - no BBS wheels or blank insert wheels please": This can be a little subjective, but there are four cars where this could be a matter of discussion as to whether the wheels used are "reasonably period".

8: The first tires rule requires "the maximum track; front and rear, may not exceed 62.0mm measured outer-sidewall to outer-sidewall.": I set my calipers to 62.05mm and checked each car. There is one car where the caliper would not fit over the rear wheels. On direct measurement, it comes in at 65.6mm. There are two cars where the calipers would not fit over the front wheels. The actual measurements were 62.4 and 62.6mm on these. All others fitted inside the calipers with no real force needed.

Now I have not named any specific cars here, as I do not believe that anyone was trying to gain an advantage. However, I think it demonstrates three things:

1: Some rules need to be reconsidered in the light of practicality - such as the dash, roll bar and windscreen rules.
2: Some rules need to be more tightly enforced - such as the clearance and width rules.
3: Some rules need better definition - such as the inserts rule - if we want to maintain high cosmetic standards.

Thanks for reading - any opinions?

Dennis
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:08 pm

For me the cosmetic rules are far less important than the width and height rules. I think efforts should be made to have scale appearance, but not all of us are modelers either.

For reference my thunderslot m6a is very near the width and height rules stock....

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy