[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 Can-Am Proxy - Rules & Registration Thread

2019 Can-Am Proxy - Rules & Registration Thread

Re: 2019 Can-Am Proxy - Rules & Registration Thread

Postby gascarnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:34 pm

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:54 pm

I am by no means a modeler, but I still did everything I could make the #18 compiant!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:12 pm

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cgyracer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:19 pm

" I set my calipers to 62.05mm and checked each car. There is one car where the caliper would not fit over the rear wheels. On direct measurement, it comes in at 65.6mm. "

Wow!

Is it possible to narrow the wheels so it's close to compliant?

Rob
Cgyracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:38 pm

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:18 am

Just back from vacation...….interesting topic to return to...……..

As far as the performance-related rules go; track and clearance, I set my calipers for 62.0mm and checked the cars when they arrived. The all passed when I measured them. We had a big discussion about rear track before this proxy started; particularly as it applied to the Carrera Porsche 917/30. There were a couple of tight-fits, but nothing on the order of what would have made the 917/30 legal. Maybe I missed the 65.5mm track car, if so my apologies to those who are offended. For clearance, I use a 1.0mm steel rod and pass it under the cars. If the rod passes under the car on an aluminum SCC set-up block, without moving it, then it passes.

As far as the cosmetic rules, it's possible that a few things slipped past me - if they did, then, again, I apologize and I can assure you it was not intentional.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:36 am

We all obviously enter to have some fun, so I don’t want to get too hung up on things that prevent that. However, I think it prudent to review entries even if no action is done and the cars are allowed to race regardless. I think knowledge shared is knowledge gained. Personally I try to follow all the rules, but being human, may inadvertently miss something. If it is brought to my attention, I will learn something and the next entry will be better.

The “ cosmetic” rules and basic car dimensions are important to me. Wing things are the result of abandoning them.

My personal feeling is that I would hate to see any entry disqualified from racing for a minor transgression of the rules. At the same time I think it is fair to make all aware of what the transgressions are. Placing with an asterisk beside your car, indicating not fully compliant would mean even of you finish first you have some work to do. Take this approach and an entry that is fully complaint in all aspects, should get a nod of accomplishment. .i.e. If a person does not finish first, there are still bragging rights to finishing first of all the 100% Compliant cars.

So If my entry is in anyway non compliant with the stated rules then I have no problem with this info being shared with all. Whether you are tuning, painting or building the goal of entering should be self improvement. Turning a blind eye to any transgressions prevents an opportunity for improvement.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy