[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2019 CanAm Proxy Round 4 - PMCC, SoCal

2019 CanAm Proxy Round 4 - PMCC, SoCal

Re: 2019 CanAm Proxy Round 4 - PMCC, SoCal

Postby wanabgts » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:06 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby F1Fan » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks Dennis, car #7 resembles the owner after drinking my own body-weight in craft beer in the very fine brewpubs of Oregon :D

I also thank you for your comments about the rules, a subject that is dear to my heart. As an organizer of a proxy series myself, I have likely raised a few eyebrows with my aggressive (maybe too aggressive) enforcement of the rules in that proxy. I do however feel a responsibility towards those that have gone to the effort of being compliant, I also feel that if an organizer does not want to deal with enforcement of the rules, they have the absolute prerogative to just not have such rules....I don't however think you can be half-pregnant. I know that I had to order special guide spacers (my car is running a different type of guide than I use on my plastic chassis cars) to ensure I make the clearance rule. I also know of another entrant that had to go to additional effort to make the minimum ride height on his car, since the TS cars are borderline on meeting the 1mm rule.

I am not here to derail this proxy, or get my own car further up the grid (doubt that will happen :D ) but rather continue the dialogue on how proxy entrants feel about this subject.

Good luck to all in the race!

Chris
F1Fan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:47 am

Dennis
Thanks for the recap. Hope you guys have fun as I know you all well
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Smokeio » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:11 am

Dennis, Are you ok? You feeling well? Retirement must be treating you well because... OMG! I am on the pole on your track! How did that happen! Woot woot!
Smokeio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:21 pm

Round 4 is in the books, full results and photos in the morning. It was a fun race with some very fast cars in action.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:42 pm

Hope my car moved up. Will be looking forward to seeing the results.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:24 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:57 am

Found them on the Rules & Registration thread.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Race Report time!

Drivers started arriving around noon yesterday, and put in some laps with their own cars or with some of my loaners to get the track rhythm and lay down some rubber.

Preparation 1.jpg

Preparation 2.jpg

With all the cars checked and ready to go, we divided them into two groups as previously described, so that the drivers were not having to stand at the panel for 25 heats in a row.

The "slower" group was 13 cars, the "faster" group 12. Note that "slower" and "Faster" here are relative terms as most of these cars were ballistic, as previously reported.

Qual order.jpg

More in the next post...
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 pm

"Slower group races"

We ran the lower 13 cars thorugh 2 rounds of 2-minute heats with 6 drivers. some of the cars achieved better times on the faster Red lane than I had managed in qualifying, on the center Blue lane, while the drivers struggled with a few other cars. There were no major breakages or damage in this group and the top three emerged as:

Lower round podium.jpg
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:39 pm

"Faster" group races

Once again the six drivers ran these cars through their heats. Again no major damage caused to any of the cars, although there were two cars that suffered breakdowns due to lead wires breaking at the guide. In both cases we paused the power, repaired the car and continued. Each car did lose a little time as a result.

The podium was a bit of a surprise, as it did not completely follow the qualifying. Remember I said the #76 might not race as well as I qualified it, and that the #70's results would depend in whether the drivers could adapt to the relatively soft brakes? Well, bit of these things happened, to a greater deficit for #76 though. Final order was as follows:

Upper round podium.jpg

So, once all the sections of the completed laps had been added to the totals, and the results of both groups were combined, here are the final overall results:

Round 4 overall.JPG

NOTE: I copied the entrants' names from what was written under the cars. In some cases there are no names, and that is why some of you may not see your name against your car.

Congrats to the podium!

The excel version of the results is also attached.
Last edited by gascarnut on Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:45 pm

Summary

Overall, this was one of the fastest set of cars, if not the fastest set of cars, to visit PMCC. The drivers had a good time running them, and did a good job extracting the best they could from them. Some drivers did struggle a little to adapt from one car to the next, like a car with lots of brakes or traction being followed by one with less. But, that's the challenge of Proxy racing. Any of the entrants are welcome to PM me for individual feedback on your cars if you like. I will try to provide some help or comment.

To end, a few more photos:

Overall 1.jpg

Overall 2.jpg

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to run your great cars, and good luck to all in the rest of the series.

Onward to where? Canada now? Please let me know.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Great result for my car and awesome race report

Congrats to the podiumites!

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanks to all involved for putting on the race - congrats to the Podiumites....

Clearly, my #12 flattered to deceive in Qualifying - quite a fall from grace from Q7 to finish 16..... ah well, once again the Zep-Mobile ended up Dazed and Confused, but you get that....... :violin:

:text-thankyouyellow:
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Billy boy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks for running the race.
Billy boy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2019 Can-Am Proxy