[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Carrera Scramble 2019 - Round 2

Carrera Scramble 2019 - Round 2

Carrera Scramble 2019 - Round 2

Postby kidvoltage » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:48 pm

We'll be holding round 2 tomorrow evening at Al's Rippin' Ridin' Raceway in Portland, Oregon. Al held qualifying today and here are the results:

Good luck to all, may the odds be ever in your favor.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera Scramble 2019 - Round 2

Postby arroldn » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:39 pm

Now will you look at that!!!! CJ74 A Class kicking B Class Butt in qualifying. Hopefully both of my cars race well. My B Class needs to climb up the leader board and A Class need to stay or place higher.

Thanks to all who made this happen. Looking forward to race results.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:10 am

MonteThanks for the update...looks like Lance and Cj are the class of the field. It is always fun to see how they race. Good luck to all
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:49 am

Thanks for the info Monte. Still surprised to be so close to the top. I'm not taking it for granted as there is still a lot of racing to do.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Thanks .Monty for Running round 2 Congratulations to the top 3 cars good job Adrian
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:10 am

Round two has been run at Al's Rippin' Ridin' Raceway in Portland, Oregon.

Victoria and I arrived after a crosstown drive to find Al, Mitch, Rico, Doc, Jeff and Zack already warmed up and ready to go.

We did have a couple of car issues during the racing action. Car #21 broke a wire partway through its final heat. We'll fix that before sending them on. More serious is the #24 car that looked to have a loosened gear but upon inspection had one of the wheels come loose providing the gear problem. To complicate matters the wheel/grub combo was stripped. We'll contact the owner.

On the track the racing action was furious. Rather than being somewhat constrained by the tight Penguin Point circuit, here the big dogs got a chance to eat.

Taking first overall and first in the B class in a close battle was the car of Aloha with 70.9 laps. ALS claimed second just one tenth of a lap ahead of Steevew.

In the A class for stock cars CJ74 once again led the field also taking second overall with 69.1 laps. Battling it our for second Lance and Arroldn finished in a tie.

The cars will undergo repair and once completed will be sent on to Tacoma for the next set of rounds.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Good group of cars, was sad to see the #24 car fall from mechanical failure. It was truly in a class of its own on that track.

Zack
wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby k0z0oo1 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:01 pm

Good racing! Congrats to CJ and Aloha! Looks like Clem’s 21 B class would have had a good race if not for the failure, but that’s racing...

Thanks for racing our cars and posting the results
k0z0oo1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Great racing and reporting! Hate to see the mechanical issues. Part of what makes proxy racing so fun & frustrating at the same time. Hope the results continue to be tight.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Monte,
Thanks to all who participated in getting the segment run. Congratulations to our podium finishers. Class A car made the podium. Thank you racers who got the car on the steps. Class B a little flat today. Had the slowest qualifying time but made up for it where it counts. Does anyone have anything for CJ74? I mean 4 laps down really. What's he got in that car?

As I said congratulations to all.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby wanabgts » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:05 am

wanabgts
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Thanks for the race. Thank you to the drivers and mechanics, sounds like I needed them.
Congrats to the podium and finishers
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Great racing guys great times lot of racing left once again Thanks Monty
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby reek455 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:40 pm

I guess I’m getting out of my car what I put into it. This car is basically untouched from two Carrera Scrambles ago. I’m kind of amazed it’s a solid mid pack runner on two/three-year-old tires. I drove quite a few of the cars and they were all pretty good in my opinion.
reek455
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:21 pm

reek455,
I would agree with you here. The only change I made to my Class A was to change the guide flag as recommended. I should have put new shoes on the baby. I'm happy with the way it is performing. It doesn't have anything for CJ74 but again old tires. Maybe my Class B car will bounce back up in the future segments.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Carrera Scramble Proxy