[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Old AFX magnatraction cars run like champs.

Old AFX magnatraction cars run like champs.

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Old AFX magnatraction cars run like champs.

Postby ChallengerGuy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:28 pm

And look good while doing so!

For my track surface, Tom Hiester tires work great on my cars. I never even opened up the chassis on these cars, simply added oil in a few spots and cross my fingers! They run great! And silent. In time I will adjust spring tension and tune them for speed but for now they run great. Now, if only I could find the red 43 car.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Old AFX magnatraction cars run like champs.

Postby eeprof » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:53 am

Nice line up of cars!!!!!!
Greg
eeprof
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRP32 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 am

Very nice looking line up!

I had the red/blue Petty car years ago in a set against the yellow/red #11 charger.

You got to love those vintage stockers!

:D :D :D :D
BRP32
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RichD » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:02 am

I have written an article on tuning Magnatraction cars, it can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLR4 ... authuser=0
If that link does not work you can drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I can send you a copy.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:01 am

wow nice line up of cars, just wondering, are you taking autoworld body with old magatraction chassis?
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:00 am

Those look great!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:50 am

Hi Sylvain,

No, these are all original AFX cars and chassis. My buddy and I were running the AW cars too and when we switched to these cars we were surprised at how silent they were compared to the new AW cars. The new cars sound like coffee grinders. Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed racing them too - they behave differently due to the button magnet and are a blast to drive. But the AFX cars are smooooooooooth and silent. LOL. Basically, the AW cars sound like similar to AFX Magnasonic cars. It's all good. But it was nice to give the 43s and Chevelles some run (and crash) time. I had to warn my friend and say "Hey, don't let that car (43) fall off the track onto the floor...they don't make those anymore!" It was all in fun. Good times.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:40 am

Great looking cars! Interesting to hear that about the AW cars - can you polish the gears in to quiet them down?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dge467 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:57 am

Those are my second favorite type of H.O. cars to run, T -Jets being my #1!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby RichD » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:03 am

All of my JL/AW X-Traction cars are quiet. If the cars are noisey there is probably a gear problem or the gear plate is out of position. Take a look at the tuning article for possible fixes.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks Rich, good article. I'll have to print that and keep it handy. Makes for a good checklist when searching for ideas of areas to investigate.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vins123 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi
i went on eBay i saw a couple of the red Charger, the cheapiest one was $150 Us... good luck!!!
Sylvain
vins123
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ecbill » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:53 pm

Ecbill
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ecbill » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:04 pm

Ecbill
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale