[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HO “Break In / Test Stand”

HO “Break In / Test Stand”

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

HO “Break In / Test Stand”

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:58 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: HO “Break In / Test Stand”

Postby Beast Lee » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:36 pm

Very kOoL, and a great idea...!!!

:music-rockout:
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby vabchrog » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Thats very nice
vabchrog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gonegonzo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:19 pm

Fantastic build Todd . I see one in my future .

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:45 pm

nice fixture!
would you believe that I just hang my cars in the air from a supply on a pair of short mini-clipleads? this looks a lot better.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:32 pm

That is a great idea. Very slick. JIm
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Thank you for the compliments guys! That is part of the reason I wanted to share the pictures, as it was simple to build and I find it to be VERY handy!
The nice thing is, other than the LED - I was able to source everything else from what I had here at the house. :D

Gonzo - Jim Buffington has something similar to this. I used his as a bit of a source of inspiration to come up with something for myself. :D

Speedy - I know EXACTLY what you are talking about, as that is exactly what I had been doing prior to building this! LOL!
You won't be sorry if you build something similar - VERY handy to have/use! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby gonegonzo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:04 pm

Todd ,

Was there a reason for using lock and joiner track or will any 9'' track work ?

Gonzo
gonegonzo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Oh my gosh, you ruined a piece of rare 9-inch track for this! LOL. Looks great, I really like the voltage indicator too. Well done. Thanks for the idea! I may have to try this out. I think I have a couple of train transformers around here somewhere.

PS - add some track on the free end and you have a fair start dragstrip! :)
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Gonzo - any track will work - I just used the lock and joiner as it was handy. (I looked for a piece of the old snap lock Aurora track with the tabs broken off - but found this first). For reference, a 6" piece is a fuzz short unless you have a smaller footprint transformer and I avoided the 15" as I wanted it to fit in my slot case. :)

ChallengerGuy - thanks for the compliments! I am glad I added the voltage meter as well - it definitely comes in handy! :)
Don't think I will be using it for a drag start (at least not on purpose) - but it is an interesting thought! :think:
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby BIG E » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Nice clean job, Todd. And I'm sure the cars ARE quiet while running, instead of rattling over the usual in-track rollers!
I use a similar set up employing an Aurora N gauge train 16 volt DC variable power supply for at the track pit work, especially when warming up pancake motor cars before bracket style drag racing. I like yours better, and will probably modify mine when time allows!
Well done. -- Ernie :>)
BIG E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale