Palmer Beach raceway fun!

HO Scale Slot Car Forum
From T-Jets to Magnet Missles!

Palmer Beach raceway fun!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:19 am

Had an opportunity to help do some shake down testing at APalmer's "Palmer Beach Raceway" yesterday.
We put the new over pass configuration and the integration of Race Coordinator (http://racecoordinator.net/) software with the "Fuel usage / Pit Stop" feature turned on to the test and had a blast!

We raced everything from Aurora T-jets and MagnaTraction cars to Autoworld Racing Rigs and 4-gear cars and had a ball!
A couple things to note...
- For anyone interested in a great upgrade for the sometimes slightly out of round wheels found on the Autoworld 4-gear cars - we tried out a set of Viper Scale Racing (VSR) CNC machined wheels and silicone drag tires on the pink 4-gear car below and I have to say - they make for a GREAT upgrade!!!

- Racing with Race Coordinator software using the fuel usage / pit stop requirement DEFINITELY adds a whole different dimension to the racing action and was a hoot! Before yesterday, I had never wished for a "reverse" gear on my slot cars... But after running the fuel to nearly empty and then coming into the light bridge too fast to get stopped (you have to be parked in the beam to start fueling) I surely thought it would have been handy! :lol:
(Thankfully, we had the software set to the mode where it still allows the car to turn laps if you run out of fuel - they just aren't counted - verses the mode where it kills power to your lane if you run out! :o )
It is definitely an entertaining addition to use and makes for a LOT of fun - especially on that last pits stop - do you just need a splash and go? a partial tank? every little bit the gas man can cram in there? It's all up to the driver!
:D

Here are some random shots from the racing action - stay warm and enjoy!
:D

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Re: Palmer Beach raceway fun!

Postby btaylor » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:39 am

Great track and pics Todd! We use the same race program on my road course, it has proven to be a very fun addition to the racing. It really evens out the score sometimes!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:49 am

Yes a great report. I like the mods that are shared here, good tech to know.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby ourwayband » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Great looking track and sounds like some great Fun!That fuel deal is interesting to say the least..
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW HO Scale